Projectors (mini ones)

Hey y’all…

So, looking forward to the OP-Z and all dat, I’m looking at adding some visual elements to my performances via a mini projector…

I know this is an OP-1 forum, but wondering if anyone has any experience w/ mini projectors? I want it to be min cause I’m flying to UK in about 6 weeks to join a cruise ship for 6 months, and baggage allowances are a biotch…

I know nussing.

Just wanna get a cheapish one, but want it to work ok… Visuals is this whole world I have absolutely no experience in, and not feeling motivated to become an expert… Haha, you may think I’m being lazy… & I probably am… I’m just on overload with some other stuff I’m researching (audio related)…

Help?

Well, it all depends on how much money you want to spend. Cheaper mini-/pico-/portable projectors only provide a very low amount of lumens, which means that you need a really dark room if you want to see something. Generally I’d say that everything unter 200 lumens is pretty useless.

Well, it all depends on how much money you want to spend. Cheaper mini-/pico-/portable projectors only provide a very low amount of lumens, which means that you need a really dark room if you want to see something. Generally I'd say that everything unter 200 lumens is pretty useless.

Thanks man. That’s really good info. Maybe something mini isn’t what I need, then… I was hoping that the mini projectors had come a lot further than that.

I’m not sure what I want to spend, because I don’t know what I can expect for x amount vs y amount. I guess I was hoping for <$250… But if that’s gonna get me something terrible, then I’ll have to snowball my bankroll. What would you say to that?

Alternately, is there any information source you could point me towards, like a forum or something?

Unfortunately they haven’t. I was looking for one, too, because I wanted to use it in my classes. I wanted something that is powered by batteries - but all battery-powered projectors have really weak brightness values. If you don’t mind having to plug them into the wall, apeman’s 3D DLP Pico Projector might be a good choice in that price category - haven’t tested it myself, but it’s got 700 lumens, good contrast, high resolution, airplay and even supports 3D. This is what I would have bought if I hadn’t discovered the OP-1 and spent all my money on it. There are definitely some forums on this topic, but I don’t know one.

Thanks @Zach_Lambert that tip will give me a great place to start looking.