Projects/Patches

Saw video where it shows the Projects folder in disk mode. Assuming you can drag/drop projects and flip them pretty conveniently if connected to pc.

Do projects include samples/patch info? Or would you need to housekeep samples/patches in tandem? Just thinking about collating live sets from various projects and trying to figure out how straight forward it would be to collect different projects and patches that didn’t previously co-exist on the unit simultaneously. PITA or pretty straight forward?

1 Like

So i asked this question a while back to Sammy Jams one of the beta testers. From what I recall, he thought that the project file only has sequence / midi data. Therefore if you have a preset on Lead Track - Sound Plug 1, preset 1, that is the globally stored sound accross all projects. If you swap it for something else, all references in a pattern to that sound will now play the newer loaded sound - I believe.

Not ideal if that is the case, so may have to keep a note pad so you know what sound types you used on your projects OR get the sounds you like and never swap them!!

@Domatron said:
So i asked this question a while back to Sammy Jams one of the beta testers. From what I recall, he thought that the project file only has sequence / midi data. Therefore if you have a preset on Lead Track - Sound Plug 1, preset 1, that is the globally stored sound accross all projects. If you swap it for something else, all references in a pattern to that sound will now play the newer loaded sound - I believe.

Not ideal if that is the case, so may have to keep a note pad so you know what sound types you used on your projects OR get the sounds you like and never swap them!!

Mmm. Sounds ‘ok’ but possibly headaches/accidents down the road after you start hitting the memory limit… Probably not a dealbreaker but such a shame they didn’t throw in a bigger memory or SD slot :frowning:

Agreed. I have a DSI Tempest and I really like the way that all midi / patch data is stored with the project - so if I tweak a preset sound in my project, when I recall the project, the preset stays changed as it was when I saved it.

I guess we have 14 presets per engine, hopefully that will be enough to provide a wide spectrum of sounds.

@Domatron said:

I’ll have to test this but I have a feeling it might not be quite right. I’ve definitely moved plugs around to different slots and the pattern remembered the synth engine and patch, rather than playing whatever new plug was loaded in that slot.

@skoomsy that would be great if you could confirm. Unfortunately still waiting for mine from retailer so only going by what I had asked before.

Hope you’re enjoying it ??

I did my first backup, every project showed up (disk mode) but some were named with an “f” after the project number. (project01f.opz) Any ideas what are theses “f” duplicates?

1 Like

Finally found the answer to what are the files with the “f” after the project number. Those are the save files for the project snapshot. It was driving me crazy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@aylk Thnaks for the ‘extra f’ projectxxf.opz tip. I realise this means we can double the number of the projects stored on the opz!
After a backup: rename all the projectxx.opz files to projectxxf.opz in your computer’s backup folder.

1 Like