Recording on track 1 dissapears, still plays and cannot be deleted.

Whatup,

After recording something to tape in a whatever bar loop to track 1 sometimes I lose the visual of the recording but it can still be heard. From memory I have to re-record over the track then lift to remedy this… pisses me off and kills creativity. I think like a lot of my problems it may be midi related. I have my op-1 synced to an mpc and octatrack via oplab, works great apart from the op-1 issue. This may be more an octatrack sending crazy midi messages issue… not sure. Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers.

Weird.

First thing I’d do : backup everything and reset the naughty beast.
Before reloading the backed stuff, try to record some stuff and see it it happens again.
BTW : don’t you have some recording going on on OT ?

this happens to me occasionally and is actually a pretty simple fix… select a loop under 22 seconds and shift/highlight all four bars then lift and drop right back in the same place. it will give you the visual back with no noticeable loss in audio. obviously if its a long recording you need to replace you’d have to do it in a few 22 second segments

good luck!

I think like a lot of my problems it may be midi related. I have my op-1 synced to an mpc and octatrack via oplab, works great apart from the op-1 issue. This may be more an octatrack sending crazy midi messages issue.. not sure.
I've had a similar thing happen very few times, usually it's more clicks and pops not being cleaned up from the tape, but from what I remember only once did it lose track of a whole take. It would be super-helpful if you could trace what causes it. I don't think you need to backup and reset, this is a common bug that a lot of us experience. Finding a way to reproduce it reliably is gold.

Cheers for the responses.

@LyingDalai - I have reset the OP-1 numerous times and it changes nothing. I use the OP-1 tape (synced as slave to the OT) to record ideas and then eventually record those ideas to a track on the OT.

@Shark42 - Cheers, that sounds like a pain in the ass!.

@eesn - I will look into it and see if I can catch anything, It is annoying as fuck!. Real workflow killer. I do think it may have something to do with the OT sending CC audio messages or something similar. It has messed with me before nearly to breaking point!.

Now that I've read of it, I guess I'll experiment this one day
x^B

This thing about 22 sec... How did you come up with this trick @shark42 ?
This bug is so weird...

@LyingDalai just from working within the op-1’s parameters… max lift on all four tracks is 22 seconds and all youre really trying to achieve is to get the visual back. it’s actually a pretty minor fix and doesnt really slow you down once you realize how to correct it

though it is annoying when it happens repeatedly… i’m also going to try to make it glitch purposefully to try to get to the root of why it happens. i’ll report back if i can

@smashedcrab you can always overdub silence on it and you’ll get a take that you can lift, move, etc.