Roland boutique advice

But I also believe we all need at least one decent set of keys to bring it all to life. :slight_smile:

I also lack space. And I’m not a musician - one finger at a time :slight_smile:

Ah ok. I understand. I feel unworthy of my keyboards, if that’s any help.

But there’s nothing like a real keyboard to give you an understanding of how various chords are laid out in a way that you’ll never get with a guitar for example. For that reason, I’d recommend anyone learning ANY instrument, to supplement their learning with a keyboard.

And of course it also gives easy access to multiple octaves etc etc. And there’s nothing saying you need to use the keyboard at “real-time” tempo. There’s nothing to stop you recording MIDI chords into a DAW at your own speed unconnected to the eventual tempo of the finished song.

Ref the musician comment, “musician” in my book is a spectrum and each of us is at a different point in that spectrum. You are too, believe it or not!

CB

Going back to the bass post, today I remembered I used the JU on two tracks. Hear them here :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/hismostdarxxxellent/darxxxillionaire
https://soundcloud.com/hismostdarxxxellent/darxxxenius
For me, a great bass sound that is deep and easily achieved is a walk in the park. Without any processing, there is something very smooth about the bass tone on the JU that is very pleasurable to my ears. The most out of all the synths I have owned so far. It is worth noting that I ran it through the LoAir by Waves. It took an already deep bass to the next level. Good sub frequency playback system is a must to hear and feel the bass on the two tracks.

An example

that is super cute!

But I also believe we all need at least one decent set of keys to bring it all to life. :-)

I also lack space. And I'm not a musician - one finger at a time :)

But I also believe we all need at least one decent set of keys to bring it all to life. :slight_smile:

I also lack space. And I’m not a musician - one finger at a time :slight_smile: