Roland Boutique, AIRA and Modular Ranges

Got the chance to play with the Roland Boutique Range today along with their AIRA and Modular ranges too.
Such massive sounds from the little Boutique boxes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ9CkBW_Jas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Hduxj00EU

To be honest, other than the TR-8 I've never really fancied any of the Roland gear mostly because of the way it looks - too much "alien dj booth" kind of look. But man are they capable things! The MX-1 is well worth considering for anyone playing gigs. The effects and beat effects can spice up songs easily and on the fly to make performance sound more exciting.

Their modular stuff sounds wonderful. I like they've went in this direction too. Even though I'll never venture into modular - it's way too much of a rabbit hole.

The Boutique range though ... well built and lots of fun.
These three boxes are the only ones in the UK at the moment sadly! They'll be in stock in about 2-3 weeks in the UK. I think if they did have ones for sale today I would have taken a JP-08.

That looks tremendous pal! You must’ve creamed your baggy!

Regarding the Boutique range - I can pick them up and ship them out. I came across the JU-06 in the music store down the road and there are plenty more in Tokyo (1hr 1/2 round trip) and I know I could ship them to England or anywhere else for that matter within a week.

Inbox me if you or anybody else is interested!

I have tithe JU-06 and it is wonderful! After reading your update I think I may pick up the JP also.

Peace!

Here’s another quick video of shorter iphone videos of the little jams we had in store …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve9IBHSDh1Q

@HisMostDarxxxellent dropping you an email!

True, it looks as if you’re on a space ship :slight_smile: the boutique line, are they not too small to work with? Would you get the keyboard accessory? Thanx for the preview

The JU-06 is an awesome piece and sounds great. Got one last week and been sequencing it with an electribe sampler. The faders feel nice and not too small for tweaking. Haven’t tried the JP-08 so can’t say the same for the smaller faders. The JP-08 is on my radar though.

errrbody sleeping on the jx?

errrbody sleeping on the jx?
The 3P is by far the least desireable of the original synths. So, not surprised it's the least desired of the boutique. It's a cool synth but beyond the presets "3P flava" it's not a very deep synth.

@Jiggity the faders on the JP-08 are really small but you’d be surprised at the resolution and accuracy that they seem to provide.

I think you can assign external midi controls so if really intricate tweaking was needed then you could assign knobs or faders to other controllers you had.

Too bad Roland didn’t release a rs 505 paraphonic.

Made sandwiches for the wife and myself, coffee from freshly ground beans, gave her a kiss goodbye, and dropped a ‘P.S’ at the bottom of our pleasant everyday morning message exchange which reads:

PS. I may take a trip to Machida after work. The alluring Roland product is highly desirable.

They sold the last one. And she was on board with it as well!!! :frowning:

Jeez that sucks - nothing more frustrating!

Going to buy something? … ALWAYS call before you leave and get them to put it aside!
Lesson learned :wink:

I know but I was prepared for that and kinda expected it as there are just so many people here.

I need to learn Japanese first; nice lesson for future reference my friend! :wink:

JP-08 and Keypad ordered today. :slight_smile:

CB

Niiiiiice CB!!! Yesssss!
What is your expected delivery date bro?

These units are pure excloos! I swear it, I went to a different store in Machida from yesterday as I know they are taking orders. When I checked there stock on release date they said all gone but you can make reservations for 10th Nov. Checked that same shop today and no info so I rang them and they told me I could order. I rang the branch deep in Tokyo and took a short trip to Machida - the edge of Tokyo - to place my order. No luck. I was told I have to go to the heart of Tokyo to order it. My Japanese speaking friend accompanied me and asked them to ring the store and order one but the sales assistant got snubbed.

People think it’s hard getting these units. It’s hard getting them from the place they were made in.

I am sure I heard the music from the first boss and the best boss music I can remember http://youtu.be/3sxsQWO5SYA from Streets of Rage playing as I am going through the stages of realizing my desire. I am now sat on the train to the place I have been told I need to be.

The situation feels like it’s one of those early 90’s raves that can change its venue in the flip of a coin.

Let’s see what Tokyo has on the cards tonight, just arrived.

Yes! They have it in stock. But no! I took my big wallet out of my bag and left it home this morning as I was certain it wasn’t needed.

The sad thing is, I drew that money out to buy the synth I never bought. I then packed it in my bag yesterday to buy the said synth that was no longer in stock. Today I went to Tokyo to order the next batch that has open reservations for the late November batch. I could t make it home to pick up the big wallet and make it to the store before closing. The store that picked up the JU-06 was the first one I went to. I was gutted to not see the face that had served me the JU-06 and became an instant friend. But then, after some VERY broken Japanese talk from myself he appeared, and just like that, quicker than sin, he knew me. After our moment was shared he took me to a box that housed each one of the three Boutiques. He presented me with my lustfully practical machine of enormous capabilities and I was sad.

The feeling of this exclusivity gripped me. The fact that the other guys DID NOT budge on their story of ‘There is no stock’ made me feel even more like Axel from the afore mentioned 16bit cartridge.

I explained to him with my deepest feeling that I will pick the JP-08 tomorrow, and if he will allow it then I would be eternally greatful. The four members of staff concluded on their glance into each other’s eyes that it was ok.

The story may look VERY different from somebody who would watch it on a film but tonight felt life changing!

See you tomorrow ye’ all powerful JP-08!

Yes! They have it in stock. But no! I took my big wallet out of my bag and left it home this morning as I was certain it wasn't needed.

The sad thing is, I drew that money out to buy the synth I never bought. I then packed it in my bag yesterday to buy the said synth that was no longer in stock. Today I went to Tokyo to order the next batch that has open reservations for the late November batch. I could t make it home to pick up the big wallet and make it to the store before closing. The store that picked up the JU-06 was the first one I went to. I was gutted to not see the face that had served me the JU-06 and became an instant friend. But then, after some VERY broken Japanese talk from myself he appeared, and just like that, quicker than sin, he knew me. After our moment was shared he took me to a box that housed each one of the three Boutiques. He presented me with my lustfully practical machine of enormous capabilities and I was sad.

The feeling of this exclusivity gripped me. The fact that the other guys DID NOT budge on their story of ‘There is no stock’ made me feel even more like Axel from the afore mentioned 16bit cartridge.

I explained to him with my deepest feeling that I will pick the JP-08 tomorrow, and if he will allow it then I would be eternally greatful. The four members of staff concluded on their glance into each other’s eyes that it was ok.

The story may look VERY different from somebody who would watch it on a film but tonight felt life changing!

See you tomorrow ye’ all powerful JP-08!

So nice they would hold it for you and crazy how hard it is to get one of these. Sounds like me, constantly forgetting my wallet. I feel you pain.

I know, it’s a lot.
When I got back home I DJ’d locally aaaannnnnndddddd I DJ’d some of your stuff for the first time out here in Japan V-F! Your Window of Time EP went down well and while it span I told them “これわ New York とまだち 音楽”
which means “This is my New York friends music.”
Although my Japanese sentence structure is horrible (sorry Japanese people) it was simple enough for everyone to understand. They all gave it the thumbs up!

Peace!

@HisMostDarxxxellent - correction - I’ve ordered all 3 boutique units, along with the keyboard dock. Managed to get into the first UK shipment so expect to receive my toys within the next few weeks. :slight_smile:

CB

@HisMostDarxxxellent - correction - I've ordered all 3 boutique units, along with the keyboard dock. Managed to get into the first UK shipment so expect to receive my toys within the next few weeks. :-)

CB

Why has all of my skin turned green?

Hahaha only joking, seriously stoked for you man. You’re going to have some serious fun! I don’t have the JX and never wanted it from the start; however, since reading yours and other peoples posts I have convinced myself I need it and know why I’d use it BUT I will refrain and put my paws to work with what I have instead of getting it. I’d still be interested to hear your personal report on it pal, so if you could oblige I’d be greatful.

Also, you only ordered a single keybed. What is your reason for that?
Do you have any other AIRA stuff?

Peace! :slight_smile: