Sampling into OP-Z

Actually, I guess it’s just whenever I’m
Using the op-1 drum utility online, my sample patches are coming in bit-crushed after importing

whats the bit depth/sampling rate of the sounds you are putting in?
maybe the drum utility is doing some type of conversion?

have u tried using the vst/app drum utility linked above? do u get the same results?

@docshermsticks said:
whats the bit depth/sampling rate of the sounds you are putting in?
maybe the drum utility is doing some type of conversion?

have u tried using the vst/app drum utility linked above? do u get the same results?

Ah yep the vst works perfectly, no compromised quality like I was getting from the online version sometimes, thanks!

nice! maybe reach out to the op1.fun person and let them know what was going on
if u haven’t already

TOTAL SPECULATION: Considering that the OP-Z is, in a way, an elaborate successor to the POs, and it has a microphone, and the KO is a sampler and can send sample data via data transfer over sound, maaaybe in the future we might see a firmware update that lets us send KO samples directly to the OP-Z?

It just seems like TE’s products like to play nice together, and right now the POs sync with the OP-1 but have no relationship with the OP-Z.

@spongefile said:
TOTAL SPECULATION: Considering that the OP-Z is, in a way, an elaborate successor to the POs, and it has a microphone, and the KO is a sampler and can send sample data via data transfer over sound, maaaybe in the future we might see a firmware update that lets us send KO samples directly to the OP-Z?

That would be cool. I’d buy a KO for that.

Totally agree. I expect we will see software plugs along the lines of the latest PO’s.

@ludicrouSpeed said:

@spongefile said:

That would be cool. I’d buy a KO for that.

ya that would be amazing… I was imagining today how maybe the app could somehow take the samples in like the KO does over a mike and then you could transfer over bluetooth…

def a ton of room for workflow growth and expansion… very exciting

@spongefile said:

It just seems like TE’s products like to play nice together, and right now the POs sync with the OP-1 but have no relationship with the OP-Z.

It would be pretty sweet if the vocoder engine from the Speak was in the op-z too, either as a module or synth engine. As of now I can’t find a reason for the mic, except throwing out an occasional “how y’all feelin’ tonight?” ?

1 Like

Oh man I bet you that will be some DLC for SURE. Also would be cool if you could transfer samples or patches via the mic input ala tonic