Should I, shouldn't I?

So the pocket operators brought me to the forum and now I am having the inevitable itch for an OP1! I am next to useless on keyboard based interfaces, much prefer grids (have used launchpad, kit monome, real monome, maschine mikro and settled on push for now).

Is not being skilled on a traditional keyboard a dealbreaker for OP-1?

In a word…No!

CB

With some kind of USB Host widget you can use a grid controller with the OP-1 if you were so inclined

Get it, it might be a good starting point for learning to play keyboard. I’m not much of a keys player myself but it’s really easy to just jam with.

I can’t play keyboards at all but there are lots of sequencer options for both drums and synths. Its made poking at a keyboard less daunting and more fun as well. Get one!

As there is no velocity or after touch for expression, and only 24 buttons that are arranged like keys, it is hardly a keyboard.

Go for it!

Think of it as a chromatic trigger board.

@steveoath Sent you a PM…

So the pocket operators brought me to the forum and now I am having the inevitable itch for an OP1! I am next to useless on keyboard based interfaces, much prefer grids (have used launchpad, kit monome, real monome, maschine mikro and settled on push for now).

Is not being skilled on a traditional keyboard a dealbreaker for OP-1?

Do it! Buy it bro!
“Lean On Me” is a good place to start with chords.

I’d never played keyboard before my op1, NOW LOOK AT ME!

Yep, I still can’t play the keyboard BUT I have a great time.

Daft Punk - Technologic - YouTube
I just wanna say :smiley: