site certificate invalid?

keep getting this msg every time i visit the forum. anybody else get this?

Me too

The server-side SSL cert expired yesterday. Site needs a new cert. A signing request will need to be generated and passed to the CA to sign. I imagine the site admin knows this and has it in hand. I expect there will be a small fee.

CB

I’ve been told recently some free certificates were proposed.

The key thing is to have a Certificate Authority willing to do this for free : it seems Mozilla Foundation was implied (which is cool cause I send them bucks precisely for this type of things).
So… Let’s encrypt, my dear @dimi3 !
:slight_smile:

I’ll chip in a buck or two if it helps.

Don´t know nothing about this. Can someone send me a link explaining why we need those certificates? Thanks! :slight_smile:

So I have been busy with work and we will fix it. It lapsed in a faster time frame then I expected. We will fix it this weekend.

@aeoner - the purpose of the certificate is so that the Operator-1 server can authenticate itself as valid to your browser, in order that an encrypted connection is set up between it and your browser - so that you can send sensitive stuff like your username and password with a fair degree of confidence that it won’t be snooped upon. The certificate is underwritten by a Certificate Authority that your browser trusts (ie. the trusted authority vouches for this site being valid and not some site pretending to be Operator-1). These Certificate Authorities charge a fee to provide a signed certificate.

CB

PS: Thanks @dimi3

Yay, site is secure again - cheers @dimi3!

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Thx @dimi3 !

man these Let’s Encrypt certs are a pain, expiring so quickly. I understand it’s part of the idea, but still a pain.

I don’t know much about the costs, but if it’s a case of longer lasting certificates costing more, perhaps we can chip in for one that lasts a couple of years or something.

Yeah agreed!

yea i’m with that if thats a thing

thanks @dimi3 ! thanks for kicking the knowledge too @cloudburst

Thanks @cloudburst, now I understand what we´re talking about! :slight_smile:

Aaaand invalid again, 'cause it’s after “Saturday, June 11, 2016 1:27:00 AM GMT” :slight_smile:

Yep certificate expired. @ work I’ve renewed 2 wildcards (thawte) last week, but it’s a bit expensive.
I think a CA like Comodo is cheaper

Im quite new here and kinda surprised that this issue doesn’t seem to have a solution coming?

It might be an idea if a moderator (i dont know who’s in charge here) opens a thread on the subject.

The only problem you facing then is that people dont dare to come here as their browser says them not to.

Im sure if money is the problem that the solution is near, but we need to know what or when

:slight_smile:

Im quite new here and kinda surprised that this issue doesn't seem to have a solution coming?
It might be an idea if a moderator (i dont know who's in charge here) opens a thread on the subject.

The only problem you facing then is that people dont dare to come here as their browser says them not to.

Im sure if money is the problem that the solution is near, but we need to know what or when

:)

if u look thru the thread, you’ll see last time dimi fixed it in a pretty timely fashion.

u the man @dimi3
"let's encrypt"
"let's expire"