Sounds from Tape

I have made a few songs on tape and have used sounds in the tracks that I would like to revisit however I can’t remember what patches I used :confused: Is there a way to inspect the tracks on the tape to see what patches / presets I used to make a song?

Nope.

1 Like

Yikes. Not even if I transfer the tape to my mac? Can I somehow look inside the files on my computer?

1 Like

Actually, not sure if you can do it that way. But certainly not directly on the Op-1.

1 Like

No. They are just wav files.

1 Like

Thanks! Looks like I need to take notes on what presets I use :slight_smile:

1 Like

For your future tracks (assuming you don’t fill all 6 minutes of each tape track), you can “lift” and “drop” each sound you use into a blank spot of the tape!

You will need 6 seconds for each synth sample patch and 12 seconds for each drum sample patch. The synth engine ones only take about 1 sec of time. If i use presets 1,3, & 4 on track 1, i “save” them on the tape in that order. If you back up your tape tracks to the Mac, you will see them as “blocks” (amplitude doesn’t vary much) - if you load those tape tracks back into the OP-1, you can “lift” them, immediately drop them so they are still on the tape track, then “drop” them one more time into slot 1-8 on the synth or drum presets. Or you could always also do a “complete” backup to your Mac of the entire OP-1 disk which will copy all presets (user 1-8, any sub folders you’ve made, etc)

Hope that helps,
psound74

2 Likes

This is fantastic I appreciate it!

1 Like