Speak vs KO

Anyone knows if the PO-33 can play samples chromatically, or if you can choose between major and minor scales? I would not like to be stuck to major chords.

Thanks.
(sorry, double post)

Haq attaq video about the main difference between the PO33 and the PO35.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ebN85r9KO3w

I think this year’s POs are a total win. I’d carry KO/Speak in my banana pack and sample random stuff in sight.

Anyone knows if the PO-33 can play samples chromatically, or if you can choose between major and minor scales? I would not like to be stuck to major chords.

Thanks.

I think it’s fixed to a scale, but considering you can sample at whichever root note you choose, changing key wouldn’t be hard. So you could basically get any key you like if you figure out which note to use as the root note.

Yeah, major and it’s relative natural minor are the same notes, so it should be very flexible key-wise :slight_smile:

Yeah, I saw this! I should have shared it here, but thanks for posting :slight_smile:

The Speak immediately appealed to me but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted the KO as welI.

Yes, actually I also wrote a few days before that I would choose Speak. I still think it has more interesting features, however, due to the fact it is not a sampler but a vocal synthetizer, means that it will not keep the samples as clean as they were originally, but convert it to some “robot” voice instead.

Well, hard to choose. :slight_smile:

Actually, this is another video!!! This one is exactly what I wanted. He did another one comparing the three metal ones, but he didn’t try sampling random stuff like in this one. Awesome. Thankyou.

The PO-33 looks amazingly powerful for a pocket operator, but only 4 voices?

I wonder if that is a technical limitation or a commercial decision

It is a technical limitation for sure. The PO processor is not very powerfull (40MHz clock) since it is targeted at low battery consumption. TE / Sonic Charge has done an amazing job extracting the most of it.

Do i need microtonic for the PO-33 or PO-35?

Do i need microtonic for the PO-33 or PO-35?

@AudioJack, not necessary. Unless you want to change the drumsounds on the PO-35.

1 Like

So no need for microtonic with the PO-33 at all? It adds nothing?

So no need for microtonic with the PO-33 at all? It adds nothing?

@AudioJack, as fare as I know it adds nothing. But you are free to sample the microtonic sounds via line in or microphone. But the transfer via microtonic vst is not possible.

PO-32 is also four voices, but people don’t seem to program beats with more than 4 different drum sounds on the same step anyway. At most, just the snare and kick on the same step, maybe a cymbal/hat on top of that.

KO looks ace. Will be on my summer holiday list!

On a more somber note… Is this the last wave of pocket operators? Seem to remember 9 being mentioned as the final number.

2 major bummers: PO_35 : no way to mute or solo the drums channel. no erasing the samples except recoding over them with silence

why o why

The PO-35 samples don’t share space like in the PO-33 do, they can only hold up to 8 seconds each. So, there is no benefit in erasing them.

Someone knows the bit depth and rate of the samples?