Steeezo's vids on instagram question

@Muhr yeah I think he lied - if it was so loud that it was shaking the camera that much it would be distorted AF. I’ve just started using Glitche, but it’s def not the same. You can’t listen to the track as you edit it, which is super dumb

not necessarily.

its pretty simple if u think about it.
as long as you aren’t recording with your phone mic.
turn your recording to a suitable level.
turn up your output level or speakers so they are super loud but the recording is not.

i’m guessing if u put your phone on top of a sub or close, it would pick up the vibrations.
maybe a lil tripod or something.

2 apps i know that allow u to monitor audio while u record video (for iOS)
are movie pro and filmic pro
i had a better go w/ movie pro (think its also cheaper than filmic)
but i’m sure there are prolly others too.
makes it a lot easier to just record both video and audio and not have to fuss w/ your levels as much and some extra monitoring jive

Mireko found the app already right?
Looks exactly the same, touch and vibration makes the image jitter (or so the description says), ticks all the boxes.

Looks exactly the same, touch and vibration makes the image jitter (or so the description says), ticks all the boxes.

I have that exact app and it couldn’t make that fx. I bet he uses some kind of tripod or something to.

I got that app a few days ago, I haven’t tried it steezo style yet, but I actually really like the app just for it’s own awesomenesss.

I saw on the app you can touch the screen to mess up the video. Not sure if that’s what he is doing. Like tapping the screen to the music. Some of his videos have him holding the phone or moving it - so I wouldn’t think it is on or attached to a sub in anyway.

I saw on the app you can touch the screen to mess up the video. Not sure if that’s what he is doing. Like tapping the screen to the music. Some of his videos have him holding the phone or moving it - so I wouldn’t think it is on or attached to a sub in anyway.

He could be somehow fooling his phone to be triggering the accelerometer using a max msp plugin that translates audio in a certain frequency as a bang or something.

does anyone know how steeezo gets that crazy stutter effect from his M1 and M2 buttons? Just curious…

depends on the video - he tends to either have the delay as a master effect, or CWO. both get different vibes - the more choppy one is delay, the more burbly one is the CWO. Takes a but to get the settings right, but you can really get choppy on it.

You can hear the delay-style chop all over this track of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxW5AQ1MxfM

@Bribery thanks for the info! I had something close with the delay effect but will have to keep trying to dial it in…BTW nice track!!