Stereo recorder : Super small/portable?

I’m looking to record some modular sessions. Usually I record into my op1, but I would like to venture into stereo territory.
I really hate field recorders like the tascam type stuff, looking more for something that just dumps to USB and I can off load it after.

A nice bonus would be being battery operated, but not a deal breaker.

Any recommendations for super simple stereo recorders?

get the Sony PCM-M10. ridiculous battery life, records at 24/96 from line in with zero noise, records to external microSD, nice design, nice display, decent meters, and you can use it as a very decent field recorder. only drawback is the USB transfers take a little longer.

You can pick up a zoom h1 for next to nothing on ebay

With the Zoom, I advise you to pick up a SD card that is not too big, as it really expand the starting time, rather annoying IMO.

But apart from this, I really like my H4n.

I'm going to give this a go:
http://www.reloop.com/reloop-tape-1208

Seeing those screens on the field recorders and the menu system/UI makes me want to die inside!!!

I second the Sony PCM-M10, it’s the absolute kiddy, super portable and very hi fi… and cheap!

Kaoss pad mini2.
Cheap ,excellent effects too.
Straight to SD.
Battery life is a weak point ,but pocket sized.

Just have fresh batteries to record.

I second the Sony PCM-M10, it’s the absolute kiddy, super portable and very hi fi… and cheap!

Is there any sound benefit on the PCMD100 over the PCM-M10? http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PCMD100-Portable-Resolution-Recorder/dp/B00FAY1LQ8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8

Also, are you guys recording with the mics or straight into the the recorder through aux?

Apologies for the noob questions.

I use a Micro BR. Also use it for guitar effects and occasional multi tracking.

Zoom h2n here. Fits in any backpack. For stereo purposes it’s more than enough.

I second the Sony PCM-M10, it's the absolute kiddy, super portable and very hi fi... and cheap!
Is there any sound benefit on the PCMD100 over the PCM-M10?

not for line-in

Also, are you guys recording with the mics or straight into the the recorder through aux?

line in

Thanks @eesn! I am trying to avoid going in Ableton.

No exp with the D100 but can say that the m10 is super quiet, and super portable. As in, easily fit in skinny jeans pocket portable, which is a game changer IMO