Tape screen skipping while recording

Does anyone else notice the tape graphic skipping seconds while recording? I’m not hearing the audio skip but I am hearing some crackles and the screen looks laggy…

tried to upload a video to show an example but it won’t upload.

The graphic will “skip” on a looped section. The tape smoothly rolls along until it skips back to the start of the loop. Is that what you’re referring to or is it something else?

Does it seem like a drop in the frame rate? That happens to me when I have a complicated patch playing along with the tape.

Yes, me too. It never seems to affect the audio though.

Yeah it’s a frame rate thing… So this is normal?makes it more difficult to record and the audio doesn’t skip but I do hear some crackles while it’s happening. Not too sure I like this…

I went and played another unit today and could not emulate the issue. At this point I’m almost positive my unit is defective (cpu or ram issue) and will be exchanging for a new one.

if anything, try a software reset or whatever its called on your device.

i always do one when i get funky things happening. seems to fix it most of the time.

my replacement unit does this too. not a deal breaker though, I still love this thing.

it seems to only happen for me when I’m using a custom DSYNTH patch while the CWO FILTER is active on the main eq. realtime playback lags but realtime recording really lags. recorded audio seems to be fine afterward during playback. Seems like it’s just taxing the ram too hard since it wasn’t exclusive to my old unit but seems to be a overall OP-1 issue, but again not a deal breaker.

also my DSYNTH has both DELAY and LFO active. LFO seems to effect the lag more than DELAY

@sammyjams @yoof so this is normal then, yes?

Yes, I’ve heard it mentioned by others, and happens to mine too. It’s only ever affected the display for me - never the sound.

@sammyjams @yoof so this is normal then, yes?
Yes, I've heard it mentioned by others, and happens to mine too. It's only ever affected the display for me - never the sound.

Same as @yoof never affected the sound for me. Does happen with D-synth most often