Te + ikea

It’s a great review!! 2 little mistakes- the little bars which join everything together are plastic, not metal. This is relevant when assembling things in the correct order so the tabs don’t break. Also the spotlight doesn’t react to music, only the LED grid.

i guess you’re wrong. The Spots do react to sound as seen in this video.

2 Likes

Mine also seem to react to sound.

1 Like

The $20 portable speaker is trash but I’m very happy with everything else. The big speaker with sub sounds great.

1 Like

bizarre- i have 28 of the spotlights and all of them seem to be the same for me… just random pulsing with no sound or not. the LED lights are super sensitive to sound and are almost too sensitive as they kind of turn to mush with any sort of normal volume music.

seems like i’m missing something- for my spotlights i find 4 levels of control, the first is a consistent pulsing, the second is a random pulsing which never stops but also doesn’t seem to be concretely connected to any sound i make, the third setting is always on, and the 4th setting is to turn them off. this is in sequence from pushing the power button.

any tips? thanks for the heads up!

28? that’s a massive rack

All I did was power on the lights (plugging in, not the button). Then the lights responded to the sound coming from the big speaker. Unless somehow I fooled myself :slight_smile:

Just got confirmation feb 1st they will be putting the collection out @ my local Ikea

I live in Baltimore USA. The local IKEA told me they would have FREKVENS out this week, but I called the main IKEA customer service number and they told me Baltimore would not have it on display. So then I asked if the larger location in College Park (north Washington DC) would have it and they said they had stock. I went yesterday and it was not on display… however a helpful IKEA display decorator shared his computer screen and helped me identify the pieces. What’s frustrating is the the IKEA USA site doesn’t recognize the model numbers, thankfully (i don’t recall who) posted the PDF link https://llllllll.co/uploads/short-url/4xFiblLdE3HW1cwRtlhYShWjMPb.pdf. Unfortunately I didn’t have this before I purchased but nonetheless I was able to buy what I wanted after reviewing the IKEA staff use computer.

There is a service desk in the warehouse which will create an invoice to pull goods that are in stock but not on display. I did this then waited in the “pick” area for then to pull my merch. Unfortunately they couldn’t grab everything because some of the FREKVENS was in boxes they couldn’t access during store hours because it would be hazardous to other shoppers in the warehouse. They gave me half the stuff I wanted and I returned today to pick up the balance.

TLDR… call IKEA to see if your local store will carry the line, use the product numbers from the PDF, and you can can possibly get the product before it’s on display or before it shows up online.

good luck

1 Like

My spotlights are sound sensitive on the first setting, and the threshold is very good - they don’t trigger from ambient noise. One of them is more sensitive than the others though. Maybe you have a bad batch that are all too sensitive?

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information!! I have to investigate my lights more!!! They really don’t seem to do anything with sound…

The Austin/Round Rock IKEA has the whole line on display and for sale.

I counted about 20 each of the lights in two floor displays (one in lighting, the other by candles & plants), about as many of the big speakers, and about 50-70 of the tiny “6x10” speakers.

I went to the ikea in Hamburg/Germany and tried what @instantjuggler wrote in his post. FREKVENS hack for copping

The computerterminal showed the products „in stock“. So i asked someone from the staff. They confirmed, that the products will be sold at 1st of february.

1 Like

Yes, but if you like, they will sell you the items now before the official release in several cases!

Maybe I will give it a second try.

1 Like

It really depends on what employee you get. I had to try three different ones.

2 Likes

Did someone saw the vinyl/record player, yet?
Not sure if they ditched that product idea.

record player got scrapped from the collection before launch

Thanks for the info. ;(

A lot of Ikeas seems to have jumped the gun and put all the range up for sale already - the Oakland & East Palo Alto Ikeas in California both have (or had) them last weekend.

The spot lights have a sound-sensitive setting, and various dimming/pulsing modes. The LED matrices just change the pattern. Opening them and making them Bluetooth - or zigbee? - controlled would be a great mod.

One note though, I had to exchange one LED matrix because it just didn’t power up, and one LED spot light because it made a strong buzzing sound whenever it turned on, so QA doesn’t seem to be awesome, especially for this price range ($30 to $40). But when it works, it’s really cool.