The gearlust thread part deux: post your GAS

Eagerly awaiting an Eventide TimeFactor. Lusting after the Space too but it's so expensive..

So it arrived today, very very fun delay! It does all your standard tape, pingpong etc, but the star feature so far is the looper, which can go granular with the size and position knobs to scan through the captured audio. This combined with the punch in/out feature to overwrite tiny sections of the loop is going to make for some very fun live stuff… Throw in the OT to send an LFO to the start/end points and you’re laughing.

Interesting, never played with TF looper !!!

Have you noticed that you can have two different delays for right and left, in Tape ?
Sick !
+ thus you can input two different synths, it works !

All the engines use differently the dual delay capacity : I love this delay padal !
Eagerly awaiting an Eventide TimeFactor. Lusting after the Space too but it's so expensive..

So it arrived today, very very fun delay! It does all your standard tape, pingpong etc, but the star feature so far is the looper, which can go granular with the size and position knobs to scan through the captured audio. This combined with the punch in/out feature to overwrite tiny sections of the loop is going to make for some very fun live stuff… Throw in the OT to send an LFO to the start/end points and you’re laughing.

i also heard, that TF can apply “vintage lo fi tape sound” in realtime and set delay to dry - also no delay just the tape sound? is it true?

@ifeelokay indeed you can set the delay time for the Tape Delay to none.

Hadn’t even thought of using it as a Tape FX !
:smiley:

For currently 300€ used, it’s still a bit pricey but I really like it.

<.

Hadn't even thought of using it as a Tape FX !
:D

For currently 300€ used, it's still a bit pricey but I really like it.

You can do this on your Deco too if you havent tried it already :wink: Can’t remember the parameter names but I think its Middle dial fully to the right, then just turn the lag down so there’s no noticeable delay and adjust the warble and secondary functions etc to taste. El capistan does this too if I remember right.

Of course, I precisely got the Deco for this !!

Well, this and the handfuls of tape tricks it offers :smiley:

i also heard, that TF can apply "vintage lo fi tape sound" in realtime and set delay to dry - also no delay just the tape sound? is it true?

Yeah, It’s a pretty awesome chorus, filter and bitcrusher for the same reasons. Very versatile.

Didn’t know about the dual mono thing LyingDalai, very interesting! Still getting to know the thing, should probably read the manual soon. The Space is even more expensive but I think it’ll be worth it…
Of course, I precisely got the Deco for this !!
Well, this and the handfuls of tape tricks it offers :D

Cool, yeah it’s a pretty nice Deco trick for Boards Of Canada wonkiness :slight_smile:

Hadn't even thought of using it as a Tape FX !
:D

For currently 300€ used, it's still a bit pricey but I really like it.

Cool you’ve got another eventide pedal ??

I have the zvex lofi junkie for lofi/tape stuff. but 1) it had a hugh ground noise 2) the tape “wobble” is not random. the tape hig up cames regular.

This guy makes a very similar tape echo (using the same deck space case uses) but half the price at 450 dollars and has CV! https://www.instagram.com/p/BHAQzWDH0fR/

@quarantequatre I got the Timefactor before the Space, they sit one besides the other :smiley:

@quarantequatre I got the Timefactor before the Space, they sit one besides the other :D

I’m still not able to rationalize dropping the kind of money the Space is going for on “just a reverb.” But I think I’m getting there. It does sound nice, which is more than an understatement

It was cheaper when I got it, I think 470€, which is already a lot.
It was before H9 appeared… I would have got H9 !

Anything you put in Space becomes a whole lot more than what it was before.
I will never ever sell it.

My gas for 2017 (to buddy my rather lonely op-1) are Isla Instruments Kordbot, Elektrons Analog Heat and the TE-01 Space Case.

I’m looking to invest in “just a reverb” but can’t decide between Oto Bam and Empress Reverb.

Already owning the Bim, I know how the Bam will operate and while the interface is okay, the Empress seems a little more straight forward. I know I’d enjoy the sound of the Bam but it’s $150 more than the Empress and the Empress seems to do a lot more, with new algorithms added through updates. The unfortunate thing is every Empress Reverb demo on youtube uses a guitar… actually I just found one on soundcloud using vocals through it but still hard to tell.

If anyone has either and can be like “yeah this box is awesome” I’d appreciate the encouragement. :wink:

I'm looking to invest in "just a reverb" but can't decide between Oto Bam and Empress Reverb.

Already owning the Bim, I know how the Bam will operate and while the interface is okay, the Empress seems a little more straight forward. I know I'd enjoy the sound of the Bam but it's $150 more than the Empress and the Empress seems to do a lot more, with new algorithms added through updates. The unfortunate thing is every Empress Reverb demo on youtube uses a guitar... actually I just found one on soundcloud using vocals through it but still hard to tell.

If anyone has either and can be like "yeah this box is awesome" I'd appreciate the encouragement. ;)

I’ve got the Empress but had very little time on it. Almost zero with non-guitar stuff. Been meaning to run some other stuff through it and make a short demo video. I’ll try to get on it this week but can’t be sure when I’ll get time.

I'm looking to invest in "just a reverb" but can't decide between Oto Bam and Empress Reverb.

Already owning the Bim, I know how the Bam will operate and while the interface is okay, the Empress seems a little more straight forward. I know I'd enjoy the sound of the Bam but it's $150 more than the Empress and the Empress seems to do a lot more, with new algorithms added through updates. The unfortunate thing is every Empress Reverb demo on youtube uses a guitar... actually I just found one on soundcloud using vocals through it but still hard to tell.

If anyone has either and can be like "yeah this box is awesome" I'd appreciate the encouragement. ;)

I’ve got the Empress but had very little time on it. Almost zero with non-guitar stuff. Been meaning to run some other stuff through it and make a short demo video. I’ll try to get on it this week but can’t be sure when I’ll get time.

I ordered a Bam a couple days ago. I’d still be curious to hear the Empress on non-guitar stuff, but I’m pretty sure the Bam will hold me over for a while. :slight_smile:

Got some cash in the bank, promised myself I’d try to keep some savings so why am I messaging sellers of Filterbank, Space and NDII??

I’m GASing Monotron Delay / Line6 sonic port and …and Lifeforms Blackbox or Mother 32 cause of all these modulars around us ! I’ve got to calm down and tying fingers far from my mouse…