The gearlust thread part deux: post your GAS

I'm GASing Monotron Delay / Line6 sonic port and ....and Lifeforms Blackbox or Mother 32 cause of all these modulars around us ! I've got to calm down and tying fingers far from my mouse...

Out of interest why the monoton delay if you have an OP-1? The delay is pretty similar no? I mean it’s not like a space echo and completely different to the delay on OP-1

@jonesy_op Because of the analog delay (not sure if it’s a real analog one), as an external delay box :slight_smile: for the op-1 and other synths ^^. I find the quality pretty nice for such a little piece of synth :slight_smile:

edit: you’re right, I looked some effects pedals…and my GAS is growing, I love the Strymon Bigsky, but a Zoom MS-70CDR seems a more reasonnable choice for a first pedal ^^

0-Coast GAS not subsiding! : ( HELP ME!

I’ve had mine for about two or three weeks, and I can’t put it down. Does that help?

I’ve had mine for about two or three weeks, and I can’t put it down. Does that help?

NO! Lol! Question, what do you use to play/sequence it mainly? Thinking about either a keystep or SQ-1 when I finally pull the trigger.

A4 seems to be the cool toy for sequencing it, don’t you think so ?

Plus you can use its filters !
:smiley:

A4 seems to be the cool toy for sequencing it, don't you think so ?
:D

Well… yes of course! But I need something cheaper : )

I’ve heard one can use the AR impulse machines on separate tracks to trigger stuff, any experience with that @lyingdalai ?

I’m not really confident it would work, because the output is audio level, not CV signal level.

Not an expert though.
I should be able to try next weekend :smiley:

NO! Lol! Question, what do you use to play/sequence it mainly? Thinking about either a keystep or SQ-1 when I finally pull the trigger.

I do both. I play it with a Keystep, which is also a fun, on-the-fly sequencer! Most of the sequencing I send to it is out of Ableton, though. Just makes it easier to experiment and create variation in a part.

Edit: I also wanted to note that I got the Keystep as a gateway tool into modular along the the 0-coast. I does USB Midi, 5-pin Midi, and CV!! It also has different clock source options. I’m sure you know that… but thought it would be good to point out for any thread-lurkers.

I do both. I play it with a Keystep, which is also a fun, on-the-fly sequencer! Most of the sequencing I send to it is out of Ableton, though. Just makes it easier to experiment and create variation in a part.

Edit: I also wanted to note that I got the Keystep as a gateway tool into modular along the the 0-coast. I does USB Midi, 5-pin Midi, and CV!! It also has different clock source options. I’m sure you know that… but thought it would be good to point out for any thread-lurkers.

Thanks! Def leaning toward the Keystep when I finally am able to pull the trigger on the 0-coast!

I’m GASing for an iPad…

@sammyjams Keystep is great. A really nice feeling keybed.

ISLA instruments Kordbot should hopefully be shipping in the next couple of months. Can’t wait!

Ooo, post up your thoughts on that when you get it. Looks really useful.

I still just need an OP-1! And a volca sample to round out my battery powered rig. Loving my iPad w audio interface but I still feel I need tha t OP-1 to really bring my music to the next level

A4 seems to be the cool toy for sequencing it, don't you think so ?
:D

Well… yes of course! But I need something cheaper : )

I’ve heard one can use the AR impulse machines on separate tracks to trigger stuff, any experience with that @lyingdalai ?

SQ1 and 0 Coast user here, great combo! The arp with any MIDI keyboard is not to be sniffed at either.

0 coast just keeps coming back on the radar. Have enough sound generators now but a final one (haha yeah right) would need to be really versatile to make it worth while. Which by the looks of it the 0coast does.

Anything pretty much by Strymon.

Oh and an earthQuaker avalanche Run. What a pedal that is!!!

GASing BIG time on the new mpc offering. I hope it lives up to hopes. It’s the last piece of my jigsaw. Love the audio ins. Should really speed things up. If the push 2 had audio ins I’d be more tempted.

FX doesn’t count !!

0-Coast is an alien, no overlap, obvious target :smiley:
Can’t wait mine !

@hindsite I’m thinking about upgrading from my Dispatch Master to the Avalanche Run. Worth it? Is it as lush as I think?

@hindsite I’m thinking about upgrading from my Dispatch Master to the Avalanche Run. Worth it? Is it as lush as I think?

Probably not helping but :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-edx1_Vn4g

On my part I just discovered the Keith McMillen K-Mix and this thing looks incredible. Exactly what I want : very small footprint, extended capabilities, audio interface AND mixer (and controller but i don’t care much about that). Does anybody have any experience with it ?