The gearlust thread part deux: post your GAS

Today I finally pulled the trigger on an Axoloti core board and the control interface developed by the Thonk! Not sure how long shipping will take but i’ll post an update when I get it and assemble/test.

There’s an OTO biscuit on eBay just now… Tempted.

Axoloti’s is really great @flybry, a lot of active users at community.axoloti.com that create new patches and objects all the time…

I’be given up on getting an Op-1. I’ve pre ordered an MPC Live and spent the rest on a Glou Glou Deja vu pedal and an Earthquker Devices Space Spiral. Money burns a hole in my pocket and I couldn’t wait any longer for a new Op-1. Oh well!

I’be given up on getting an Op-1. I’ve pre ordered an MPC Live and spent the rest on a Glou Glou Deja vu pedal and an Earthquker Devices Space Spiral. Money burns a hole in my pocket and I couldn’t wait any longer for a new Op-1. Oh well!

Didn’t know about these Glou Glou pedals, and I’m living in the same city !
I think I’m in love

I’m glad I could introduce you to Glou Glou : )

Thank you @Artsutanov :slight_smile:
That’s not good for my GAS :stuck_out_tongue: but it’s so awesome !

I like the MPC Live (from what i have seen). But I’m worried it may leave the OP-1 gathering dust

I’ve spent many nights in my empty studio, pondering an Op-1/Live setup. But the more I thought about my original plan, to make music with only 1 main instrument, the more I hoped the Mpc Live would be the way to go. It seems to be the instrument of my dreams. The Op-1 was too, as a previous user, but my heart went for the Mpc this time.

The MPC Live looks a little uninspiring though. The start up screen resembles an Android/Kodi tv screen and the grey interface is dull. At least the OP-1 looks visually stunning and has some lovely synth engines etc. I could be wrong, but (maybe) when you get past the whole timestretching thing (thats constantly being banged on about) you could be a little underwhelmed. Its redeeming features (as it is an MPC) is the quick beat programming workflow, I always found programming drum patterns on the OP-1 to be a little painful.

Axoloti's is really great @flybry, a lot of active users at community.axoloti.com that create new patches and objects all the time...

Thanks man. I may need a few pointers eventually. My initial plan is to use it like a OpLab without cv. Midi interface plus whatever else cool I can get fx wise or maybe guitar ampish type stuff. I’m drooling over the possibilities hahaha.

Now the wait for US shipment…

Is it possible to gas for zero gas?

Is it possible to gas for zero gas?
Careful, you might turn into a singularity

Gassing for the OP-Z and Digitakt pretty hard.

and this Neunaber reverb pedal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_6ptEsjhKY

New polysynth from Dredbox looks pretty sexy!
Is anyone trying to justify a new MPC? I wonder if it would be best friends with the OP-1?

Tempted to sell my OP-1 to get the MPC Live, but worried I’ll regret it!

I just added these two bad boys to my home recording set up. ART Pro MPA II & ART Pro VLA II, tube preamp and tube compressor. They are lovely!

Watched this … Mic added to live mpc purchase…

https://youtu.be/fgg6KLI0_6M

My local music store has a huge discount on a display model Red Witch Titan Delay…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1m8p0NktyA

I just got the Count To Five, but this is on big discount, and the sidechain ability is super cool I reckon.

Anyone got one? Used one?
Is anyone trying to justify a new MPC? I wonder if it would be best friends with the OP-1?

Tempted to sell my OP-1 to get the MPC Live, but worried I’ll regret it!

Tbh for me the MPC is all about the old Legacy versions - so the thumping gritty sound and that loose swing…I had the 60 and it was a beautiful thing…But it took up a lot of space and i was way more productive when the little OP-1 came about with just jamming on the sofa. For me the new MPC does not have that sound (its emulations are regarded as pretty weak) and mojo - who knows…BUT…At the moment I am going back and forth a lot with the OP-1 and PC - ie making drum tracks on OP, exporting to PC, importing rough sketch of the track back into OP to jam over etc …So this new MPC could replace the laptop for this purpose…I couldnt just have the MPC tho, ultimately its a bit uninspiring on its own