The NAMM Thread (22-25 January 2015)

Aren’t the new Arturia interfaces a bunch of beauties or what?! They’re as compact as a MacMini and their even equipped with a lid for safe portability. I love the leather trim details, and never thought my favorite material would be on music gear like this. :o

thought that was a DJ controller at first…

I asked the CME X-Key guy for a software update to change MIDI channel via the Keyboard (rather than the software), since this is a real pain to change channels if you are just plugged in hardware wise via the iConnectMIDI or a Kenton MIDI host or similar.

Nice that the 37 Key has a DIN out (via an adapter) though.

Aren't the new Arturia interfaces a bunch of beauties or what?! They're as compact as a MacMini and their even equipped with a lid for safe portability. I love the leather trim details, and never thought my favorite material would be on music gear like this. :o

Gotta say I’m pretty let down by the Arturia offering. They were saying they would re-invent the audio interface and they gave us a bulky ass-duet like creature. Not only that, is this thing USB 1 or something? Anything with a latency knob is no friend of mine. Thats on some MBox 1 shit. Keith McMillans new interface is more like what I was expecting from Arturia. Now that is a piece of innovative gear IMO.

@dimi: i´ve preordered the phenol too. can you tell something from your short experience with it? the osc´s sounds fat, whats your opinion about them..how about the delay..the look and feel and and and...really excited about it!

I played around with it a bit. the sound was good I did not have the proper testing their area was really noisy, and the had small speakers. It does seems like a winner.

@mec1 What I understood from Dataline, is that Overbridge allows Elektron hardware to be somewhat of an interface, integrating the DAW and analog world in some respects. Is that close?

So overbridge is a software tool to make the Elektron Analog series work with your DAW. You get 4 channels of the synths and the 2 inputs and the 2 outs. on the Keys and Four. the Rytm gets all 8 tracks and the 2 ins.

the inputs are either 16 or 24bit.

If you want you can use the devices at send/return effects modules for audio in your DAW.

It should be tight. I don’t believe we will see stuff until Musikmesse.

@dimi3 damnit, I missed so much from what you saw! Bur I was only there a half a day. Did you take pics of your list? ^

I'm really interested in the K-mix, but I didn't spend much time at their booth. What do you gather?

Not much, sorry.

It was crazy I did not even see the Akai stuff until the last day… too flake on my part.

ou get 4 channels of the synths and the 2 inputs and the 2 outs. on the Keys and Four. the Rytm gets all 8 tracks and the 2 ins.

Interesting, so the outputs work as I/O on the A4 but not the RYTM?

I’m posting more pics. If it’s annoying or slowing the page/site down- then I’ll adjust. Lmk.

Here’s some random TE booth pics that are not particularly informative,

Now there’s faces to think about when you play your op-1 gear.

damn, what a mess I’ve made sorry guys! haha

randoms

ou get 4 channels of the synths and the 2 inputs and the 2 outs. on the Keys and Four. the Rytm gets all 8 tracks and the 2 ins.

sorry you get all the drum tracks and the 2 ins plus the outs

+1 for the Keith McMillen K-mix. @Kites did you see the video from @cuckoo about it?

http://youtu.be/L7UN0OeknOU

@duncmc thank you kindly, I haven’t seen his vid. But I did meet the tall glass of water for the first time (cuckoo), haha.

I don’t remember if I posted this:
http://youtu.be/fsm1Y5GbuUE

It looks useful

Check out what Bastl posted on their FB. Trinity modular.

sorry you get all the drum tracks and the 2 ins plus the outs

SIIIICK!

lol @duncmc the guy in the preview image almost kinda looks like @cuckoo w/ out hair (Matt from KMI). I was lamenting the loss until I realized I was just an idiot.

I really hate the name “K-Mix” btw…