Thinking of ending my relationship with the OP-1...

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately, my Op-1 has been acting up and I can’t seem to justify keeping it any longer. So the trouble started when I add samples to the unit and after spending an hour creating a track, the unit would produce a weird crash screen with all the text and ui looking distorted. This problem happened twice and refuses to go away until I factory reset the unit.

Thing is, if this was to happen to a live performance then the unit is considered highly unreliable. Also, spending this much money for a buggy hardware seems silly.

Is there anyone else having this issue I’m talking about? Thanks.

I have only had problems like that with incompatible sample or presets. I would just go back in via the drive letter and remove the new items until I found the one that was messing it up. I always backup the files before adding anything as well.

Other then that I have had mine for over 5 years and have only had about 5 or so crashes. I don’t believe I ever HAD to reset the firmware and most were my fault.

@Telengard said:
I have only had problems like that with incompatible sample or presets. I would just go back in via the drive letter and remove the new items until I found the one that was messing it up. I always backup the files before adding anything as well.

Other then that I have had mine for over 5 years and have only had about 5 or so crashes. I don’t believe I ever HAD to reset the firmware and most were my fault.

Can you please give an example of a bad naming convention? Looking back I think I named one of my samples classic 808. Did the space inbetween cause it to crash? Thanks

Maybe you stumbled upon the Lift/Drop bug?

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1218/lift-drop-bug-sampler-engine

@kid4life84 said:

@Telengard said:

Can you please give an example of a bad naming convention? Looking back I think I named one of my samples classic 808. Did the space inbetween cause it to crash? Thanks

I am not sure it is naming conventions as much as audio/preset formats.

@motone 's info might be a place to start.

I would suggest to inform TE about it. They might want to obtain the same samples from you and reproduce the issue for a fix.

in all fairness TE have known about these things for ages.

1 Like

Sometimes a beta voice from other users can crash your machine if you’r on a different OS.
Or could it be where you placed your samples? i.e. An unusual preset folder.