Too much power to USB hub

Update… A replacement connector board has not solved this issue.

So maybe the chip on the mainboard responsible for USB communication was damaged. Might be time to contact TE to find out about repairs. Sorry :frowning:

Yeah I think so. I’ve already contacted them but I don’t really hook it up via USB all that much, I tend to record it live with other gear onto my iPad rather than using Tape and I dislike preset management generally so don’t even tend to load, delete or save patches. So I much just roll with it off the grid for a while and see how things go.

… and to confirm, you still haven’t reset it @ghostly606 ?

Nope, if i reset it (and it doesn’t fix the USB) I will never get back iter or the filter so my current thinking is not to bother.

... and to confirm, you still haven't reset it @ghostly606 ?

The factory reset wipes out the OS, so there is a risk of not being able to load it back afterwards, ain’t it?

@bichuelo - good point!

@bichuelo the factory reset wipes out the OS, reformats the internal drive, and I expect it resets configuration that is never exposed to the end user. I mean this isn’t me trying to make my OP1 mount… I’ve actually reset mine twice when it was being erratic, the second time it would crash for no reason at all after an official OS update, and then the reset helped me. But I agree with the sentiment about a risk.

p.s. there are patches for iter and filter online now, no?

@GCF said:
So maybe the chip on the mainboard responsible for USB communication was damaged. Might be time to contact TE to find out about repairs. Sorry :frowning:

I think this just happened to me too. Nooo this will be my third repair within the 4 years I’ve owned my baby. :neutral: