Turn patterns into completed tracks

Hey fellow OP-1 owners,

I have had my op-1 a while now,
its a dream!
Pattern creation happens in an instant.
in no time I fill my op-1 tape with pattern after pattern.

what tips can you give me to turn my patterns in to completed tracks,

On OP It’s useful to have patterns that work together in a song near to each other on the Tape Timeline. Then you can easily use the ‘shift + left/right’ to switch between them during playback and find a song structure. Using combinations of mutes/solos to add variety and tweak fx + play live synth parts etc whilst switching patterns and recording it all live to album.

If you’re making songs from patterns/‘tape’ loops and keeping completely inside Op it feels kind of focused toward this workflow if you want to keep things fun/quick from my brief experience with it. Obviously OP has a ton of different workflow options tho. Whatever works best for you. And always the option to export ideas to DAW if you want more control/options.

Thanks I will try this

It’s hard moving from ableton to this work flow.

But love the live feel to recordings.

Didn’t know u could switch Between patterns this way.

It's hard moving from ableton to this work flow.

But love the live feel to recordings.

Didn’t know u could switch Between patterns this way.

Sometimes I will fill up the op then dump it all into Ableton and make 4 track ‘clip songs’. From that I add more studio instruments and sometimes vocals just like any other production. The op is excellent ‘food’ for Ableton.

One of these days I will try to do some stuff with the Live ‘shell’ and only OP-1 sounds but using all the sequencing goodies from live…
-B