Volca fm. Worth it?

Been vaguely on the radar and just watched the knobs video. Wondering if OP1 owners find it significantly more useful/better sounding/more inspiring UI than OP fm or ipad fm options. Got a £40 store voucher for guitar guitar and thinking maybe put it toward getting one of these as my Xmas gift (gotta keep it humble after getting Dom1 recently for my 40th :wink:
Dunno much about fm tho, just that I dig some of the sounds I see around. But wondering if it’s kind of in my head and if in practise I’d really feel like I’ve added anything that I can’t do 99% on what I already have? In which case I’ll maybe save the store voucher toward a Tonal Recall pedal…

Its a yes from me :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: What’s the pull? Better quality/deeper programming/better ui/all of the above?

Sound.

It sounds really great.
You have enough CCs available to change the sound drastically.
I would have liked some CC on the operators edition as well, would have been great.

Watch @cuckoo’s tutorial, it’s just brilliant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFfdOq9rvLc
Sound.
It sounds really great.
You have enough CCs available to change the sound drastically.
I would have liked some CC on the operators edition as well, would have been great.

Watch @cuckoo's tutorial, it's just brilliant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFfdOq9rvLc

Thanks man :slight_smile: OK cool. Seems like it’s worth grabbing even tho I have Op1/ipad. Thought I was done with new synth hardware for a while but wouldn’t be Xmas without getting at least one noise making object :wink:

Seems like you’re convinced already, but it’s a must have imo. Sound, sequencer, motion sequencing and arpeggiator all come together for a great experience.

I’m thinking of picking one up for a friend’s birthday. I really like the sounds this thing seems to be able to come up with.

I’d say pick one up. This volca and the volca sample are pretty dope. The keys is underwhelming and don’t let it spook u.

Annnnnd here it is. Pretty hard not to play with it though…

Annnnnd here it is. Pretty hard not to play with it though…

lol, you didn’t think about that when getting it :DD::D:DD:D

Still on the radar but think I’m gonna shoot for an organelle instead. Seems like I can get a lot of mileage out of one after watching some guitar videos today. Does kind of Red Panda Particle stuff, which has been on the want list for a while. Wouldn’t want organelle on pedal board at a show but for studio it looks like a cool general inspiration box and guitar pedal combined… Be fun to bounce stuff between it and OP too :wink: