2016 RPM challenge

Hmmmm maybe cause that’s because i hadn’t officially signed up, i have now!

Can't find ghostly or aphew goodman?

I got the user name wrong upon registration, now it's corrected so you'll find me as aphew goodman. About the 10 songs/35 mins: if you record ten songs, should the total playing time be 35 mins or is more allowed? And if you go for the 35 mins of original music, can it be more tracks (like 5 x 7 mins) or just a single track which runs for 35mins? As far as I understand both ways are allowed, but will appreciate if you guys can confirm whether I'm right or wrong. Cheers.

Both are allowed @jooga1972.

Both are allowed @jooga1972.

Thanks @ghostly606 , i’ll go for 5 x 7 then :slight_smile:

Going to go for the full 35 minute song, still be 5 mins less than The Blue Room by The Orb

The Blue Room is 17mins track, isn’t it ?

The original is best part of 40 mins, I think it holds (or held) the record for longest single as anything over 40 mins is then classed as an album:

http://youtu.be/MrzqO7t-Q60

Nice ! Thank you for the link @sentientminority

- damn I put it everywhere !!?! -

Finished my album today.

https://soundcloud.com/aphew_goodman/sets/day-nr-15938-rpm-2016-challenge

Wow, very nice album @jooga1972 ! Is it full OP-1 ?

Wow, very nice album @jooga1972 ! Is it full OP-1 ?

Thanks @quarantequatre. No, I didn’t restrict myself to the OP-1 (for the same reason I’ve skipped all the Battles so far… I just don’t / can’t work like that… but it’s my problem … :slight_smile: ) I used most of my gear throughout the process, maybe it’s the Waldorf Pulse 2 alone that didn’t get any work to do this time. Nord Drum 2, Mopho x4, Moog Sub Phatty, drone generator, OP-1, iOS apps (Patterning, SamplR, Borderlands, Fugue Machine…) all had their fair share.

@jooga1972 I listen your RPM album again and again, I love the tone of it.

I feel like it really fits my current state of mind, kind of winter down, not really at peace but calm…

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh. Had an absolute nightmare. Whole family sick, baby daughter apparently has been having “petit mal” seizures which has scared mrsoath an I :-s Not been able to think about music for a while.

Need to get back on this big style to complete it.
@jooga1972 I listen your RPM album again and again, I love the tone of it.
I feel like it really fits my current state of mind, kind of winter down, not really at peace but calm...

Thanks for the feedback @LyingDalai… I guess you nailed the mood-factor right, this is indeed a ‘winter-album’. Also like the concept of ‘calm but not at peace’ … hey, this could make a great album-title! Seriously!

@steveoath hope you’ll recover soon ! Don’t know “petit mal” but this doesn’t sound good…

@jooga1972 glad my words ring a bell in your own heart.
There must be a word or even a metaphor that sums up this feeling of “calm but not at peace” better, but I cannot come up with this right now as my mind is precisely not rested/focused enough.

I would love a lonely week dedicated to play music only. And paint, maybe.
@steveoath hope you'll recover soon ! Don't know "petit mal" but this doesn't sound good...
@jooga1972 glad my words ring a bell in your own heart.
There must be a word or even a metaphor that sums up this feeling of "calm but not at peace" better, but I cannot come up with this right now as my mind is precisely not rested/focused enough.

I would love a lonely week dedicated to play music only. And paint, maybe.

Oh, a week dedicated to music alone… wouldn’t that be just fantastic? :slight_smile: Here’s hoping it’ll happen sooner than later, to all of us creators. :slight_smile: I guess, ‘tranquil’ can be one way to describe the ‘calm but not at peace’ situation though I’m not native so I may err here. Anyways, if I ever turn this to an album and it’s quite likely I will, that’ll be for sure titled ‘calm but not at peace’ because it’s just so simple and tells it all.

@steveoath, hang in there, hope things turn for the better soon. petit mal doesn’t sound good indeed but hope it’s nothing serious.

I would love too @LyingDalai :slight_smile:
I don’t even have time to just began something for this RPM…I think it gonna be wonderfully hard to finish something :frowning:

"wonderfully hard"
^^

Thanks guys. Petit mal is an older term for a form of epilepsy which causes the children (usually) to have “absence” seizures where they look zoned out, but lose any awareness of the world around them. Fortunately they often grow out of it by the time they reach 8/9 yrs, and I have experience of teaching kids with it. Just comes as a bit of a shock when it’s your first born I suppose!

Anyway, she’s been enjoying playing with the Robot and arcade so maybe turn her into an electronic musician before her future music teacher gets hold of her haha!

Never knew about the RPM thing till I got my OP1 at the start of this month, and this thread.

OP1 is all over this (but probably drowned out by loud guitars and bad singing!).

https://soundcloud.com/consonantosprey

Now this is finished I can start to get my head round tape mode…