3 Questions

yea global effect + ear function u can record straight to tape. might wanna mute any other tracks u might have going or they will run thru the global effect too.

This can’t be done whenever you want to record an external input. In that case, you must use the album mode https://www.teenageengineering.com/guides/op-1/song-rendering-and-connectivity#13.1 if you want to keep the master effects

Question 1 Answer: Yes, turn off beat match in the timing section(green knob all the way left), and when you hit shift+> on the tape screen it will move from tape slice to tape slice instead of measure to measure.

Great! Thanks for the answers, you guys!

Aaaaaaand another question. Sorry if I’m bothering you too much…

Is there a way to let the op-1 show more equidistant beatmarkers without changing tempo? Sometimes i’d like to chop a smaller sequence, let’s say like a fourth of one beatmarker period. In order to do so properly, I’d like to be able to change the distances of the beat markers, just like you change the view in ableton from one bar to /8, /16 or even /32. This would be amazing! If not, THAT is something I’d say is worth a petition. :wink:

There is no way to show greater detail without adjusting the time or tempo. You could just double or quadruple the tempo in order to get more bar markers. But then any sequencer will run at a faster speed. But if you normally use 16th notes, you could just start using 8th notes at double tempo.

The blue encoder moves the cursor one tick at a time. 24 ticks between either beats or seconds, I think it’s beats, I’ll have to check it later. Just count the turns and look at the timer in tape, cut at marker where you want your slice; it’ll “scrub” while you turn so you can hear the attack.
OR set loop in, then while tape is playing, hit the 2 key (1-8) to set your out point where you want your cut. Scroll to the loop out using blue encoder and cut.

Also the stutter tape trick can be used to produce little well spaced pieces of tape that you can glue together and use with the loop-mode-stop-to-the-beginning feature to position at a desired rhythmically same point.

Wow! Brilliant ideas! I’ll try each of them… thanks a lot, bros!