3D printed triple OP-1 stand (official design)

ordered this stand from the link in the latest teenage engineering newsletter, they officially released the 3D files for the triple stand. painted it to look like their original prototype and put a bunch of extra OP-1 feet in the designated places for cushioning. super happy with how it turned out! really want to thank teenage engineering for giving out this design.

i saw another thread on the forum where someone was asking what to do with more than one OP-1… personally, i use one for live sequenced drums, one for live sequenced synths, and the third as a master looper/effects unit. and of course i use all 3 of their tapes for switching seamlessly live between different song arrangements (cuing up one while the others are playing).

V cool! So how does the top one attach? Where did you order it from? Paint looks good!

Virtual_Flannel, I will assume it is using the holes where the optional strap goes?!?

Virtual_Flannel, I will assume it is using the holes where the optional strap goes?!?

Of course, but I don’t think you can screw it in, does it just fit really snug? I’m just thinking it would fall off if its not fastened some how.

@virtual_flannel each OP-1 is held in place by 2 plastic screws into the M6 holes. the top and bottom OP screws are counter-sunk so you can’t see the heads of them like you can the middle ones.

here’s a link from shapeways for ordering them:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/8EJ7RQD86/op-1-triple-stand-1-2?li=search-results-1&optionId=58006451

epic just epic!

How well do the three work together?

@johnl they work great for me! i don’t sync them other than setting them at the same bpm. just audio out to a mixer. never had any problem with them getting off time…

Rad, I was wondering when someone would order these. I’d like a pair, but I only own one OP-1. Perhaps I could could fill the other tiers with a Beastep pro or something close in size.

Ha, you are the man! Tempted to do it too, but need another OP-1 first, someday but not today :slight_smile:

I’ve printed one, but it only just fits on the Replicator 5 build plate and I feel like ABS would be better than PLA. Has anyone done this in PLA and got a really good, clean finish on it?

Tempted to modify/add a bit to hold three PO modules above…

@RTK would love to see a PO mod!!!

I’m having trouble finding the right software, to be honest - I’ve got Rhino and SketchUp, both of which seem annoyingly restrictive or expensive. I thought AutoDesk did something aimed at hobbyists that was really quite good, but drawing a blank now. Advice much appreciated!

123D Design by Autodesk is free, I believe.

Nice ! Awesome green I love it !
I’ve made a wooden stand, and i’m looking for some screw to fix the OP-1 on it (to avoid a flip disaster).
What kind of screws did you used ?

@quarantequatre i have the plastic M6 screws TE gave me. but you can find them in metal too of course. i live in stockholm, you can find this size in any hardware store. don’t know about other countries?

Fusion 360 @RTK - it says 30 day trial but you can easily register as a hobbyist a year at a time for free.

Hmmm…wondering how long the M6 screws should be…

I'm having trouble finding the right software, to be honest - I've got Rhino and SketchUp, both of which seem annoyingly restrictive or expensive. I thought AutoDesk did something aimed at hobbyists that was really quite good, but drawing a blank now. Advice much appreciated!

Why not Blender?