Accessing disc on OP1 field

Just for reference, my mac is from 2018. It’s not in front of me at the moment but when I try to download the MTP client I get an error message saying I have to update to the latest OS. I don’t want to update because it will break all my programs that I usually run.

I fortunately have 8 tapes now so maybe this will force me to finish tracks :blush: but it is a bit of issue moving forward and I’m sure not just for me … if the OG1 hadn’t been so shit at handling live recordings of external stuff I would of stuck to that … I’m really happy so for with the Field except for this file transfer crap :poop:

1 Like

I have reported two issues.

1. I’m getting static from connecting usb to midi via a Kenton MK3 to trigger my modular clock… this didn’t occur using the old OP1…

2. This issue of transferring files.

They haven’t replied to either :thinking:

Hi guys,

Android File Transfer as suggested above works just fine if you are running an older Mac. Great suggestion, @jko

3 Likes

I just managed to download will try after work… thanks :blush: this forum is amazing

Great to know! I have a Mac Studio M1 Ultra, but also a 2010 MacBook Air 11” I use in the lounge room with the Nord Grand to manage samples on it. This is on older software and where I normally use the OP-1. When the field arrives I’ll try Android File Transfer on there.

any solution for ios out there?

To my knowledge, no - which is a pain. I’m really hoping TE release an app asap - or the developer of the existing iOS OP-1 manager app does a massive update or new paid app, that’d be fine too.

1 Like

I can’t get the android to work it’s definitely me being shit but it’s totally frustrating and reminding my why I like working on the op1 in the first place … (I’m not a fan of laptops) off to the Apple store then

Missed this, thank you.

@ktorunk45

Android File Transfer as suggested above works just fine

I mounted the OP-1F in Disk mode. . Unfortunately, the android file transfer app says “No android device found”

Did I miss something?

Found it: I had to mount in mtp NOT disc mode to make it available over android file transfer

Just use MTP mode.

There is an app for IOS called Manager for OP-1. It’s not free, £4.99. I tried it but found it to be useless and got a refund.

Yeah it’s an old app, doesn’t do MTP, doesn’t support OP-1 Field