advice on hardware samplers

I’m also still new to the OP-1 drum sampler - love the auto-slicing.

The Octatrack is the sampler I’ve worked with the most, but it has an idiosyncratic workflow and feature set. There was some Toraiz talk on the user forums - seems like it might be useful to the right customers, though I skipped most of the thread(s) about it on that site.because people got emotional/combative.

Plenty of sampler choices out there, except for those who want the hardware equivalent of Kontakt, EXS24, etc.

Not sure if mentioned but there is the new Digitakt, getting great reviews.

I'm also still new to the OP-1 drum sampler - love the auto-slicing.

The Octatrack is the sampler I've worked with the most, but it has an idiosyncratic workflow and feature set. There was some Toraiz talk on the user forums - seems like it might be useful to the right customers, though I skipped most of the thread(s) about it on that site.because people got emotional/combative.

Plenty of sampler choices out there, except for those who want the hardware equivalent of Kontakt, EXS24, etc.

there is a lot of positive review of toraiz, but I’m not sure whether you get the value for money… I’m not so bothered about having Curtis filters on a sampler.

yeah a looked at it… thought it might be an option once they sort out all the bugz

yeah a looked at it… thought it might be an option once they sort out all the bugz

They have already released updates which is a good sign.

@fred81 the drum sampler pitches the notes rather than transposes, as the samples become shorter when their pitch is raised etc. The synth sampler is definitely better (and more immediate) for melodic/chromatic material

Toraiz looks cool, but pricey for what it is. I think that’s kept people away
I'm also still new to the OP-1 drum sampler - love the auto-slicing.

The Octatrack is the sampler I've worked with the most, but it has an idiosyncratic workflow and feature set. There was some Toraiz talk on the user forums - seems like it might be useful to the right customers, though I skipped most of the thread(s) about it on that site.because people got emotional/combative.

there is a lot of positive review of toraiz, but I’m not sure whether you get the value for money… I’m not so bothered about having Curtis filters on a sampler.

I’m sure there are. The person who started the Toraiz thread on that forum was very, very happy with his. It’s when he took criticisms of the product personally that the thread went south.

I’m not part of the target audience for this thing. Honestly I’m more likely to go in the opposite direction for my next sampler purchase - towards the low end rather than the high end.