Amazon UK price drop on OPZ & OB4

op-z is now £387
(in stock)

ob-4 £507
(1-2 month wait for stock)

1 Like

Hi Jim, just seen you post. I bought an OP-Z from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. The body is warped slightly and the battery was flat and wouldn’t charge. I reset it using the guidelines on TE website and seems all good now. Maybe it’s been sat in the Amazon warehouse for a while. Think I can live with the warped body, this is my second OP-Z I’ve had. I had one of the first versions with different symbols above the keys. Don’t remember that one being warped though. Hope that helps, cheers Nathan

1 Like

Send it back This is Amazon. No hassle to do. The warping will/might get worse. But even at that low price you don’t want something that’s just a niggle now become a constant reminder of what’s wrong. Plus it will effect any resell value.

3 Likes

Good point, think it will start to annoy me. Was worried I’d just get another warped one from Amazon. Might pay a bit more and get one from Andertons.

I got mine from Andertons the year the Z came out. And it was slightly warped. I think they are a terrific company, but the big advantage with using Amazon (in this particular case) is free returns. Just keep ordering/returning until you get a good one.

3 Likes

That’s good to know thanks. Sounds like a good plan, thank you for your help.

1 Like

happy to help fella.

1 Like

Yeah, one company I will never feel guilty about returns/exchanges is Amazon. I do not care at all about their bottom line, they’re doing great regardless.

1 Like

No-one loves Amazon. But when when it comes to the op&z Amazon makes sense. Its a free return service.

1 Like

I’m curious about this and folk’s views regarding returns, specifically if there is any differences between UK v. everywhere else. I get the impression that stateside it’s a ‘try for 30 days, then return if it’s not for you’ kinda policy. The most ‘extreme’ example being Jade Wii; bought an op-f and returning it due to not thinking it was worth the outlay (I’m simplifying for to make a point though). Now if this was pre-youtube, I’d completely understand, but it’s not. You can hear what the instrument sounds like, from multiple sources, you know it’s specs and what it can and can’t do…

So why?

If something is faulty, of course return it. But if something does exactly what you already new it could do, and that you just want to ‘try it’…I feel that’s an abuse, and putting more ‘used’ units into circulation.

Having said that, I’m really curious to know other people’s perspectives on this, and if there is a culture/country difference.

IIRC in the UK (and EU) by law you have 14 days from the date of delivery to return a distance purchase (with some exceptions) for any reason at all. Companies like Amazon offer longer periods because it’s all about making buyers feel safe to spend. So yeah… they do fine out of that policy.

That said I have noticed their system being obstructive when it comes to getting replacements (rather than a refund) on higher value items. Have had to get into the “chat” with a person.

2 Likes

My father abuses the HELL out of Amazon returns. He discovered a local retailer here stateside “Kohls” takes Amazon returns that don’t even have to be in the packaging, so he just orders anything and everything from Amazon, in doubles, or to compare things, and then goes and takes whatever he doesn’t want to the store and they just take his order number and the items and off he goes.

1 Like

by definition of hte word
i dont think its abusing if u are using it exactly the way they intend you to

also to each their own but fuck amazon

2 Likes

That’s mental! Funny though.

I’ve no love for Amazon, my concern/intrigue is about the return culture spreading to our smaller companies. Folks just buy something to review on their yt and then return it? That’s abuse in my view. Ok, not that dramatic, but still .

I’m 47. I remember reading the review of MBV’s Loveless in Select magazine. Five stars. Never heard a note of it until after I bought the cd. Took a few plays before the love started.

Obviously now everything is available, almost instant.
But I really don’t believe anyone considering buying a new bit of gear is gonna drop money without reading a few reviews of hearing what it can do first.

1 Like

the OB-4 is now £488.00 on amazon!! the gits.

1 Like

Question… I’m in the states, if I order the UK model would it be ablet to function over here? Obviously its going to come with a 230v 50hz cable, but can I use a converter or get another cable. The power is listed as 110-240v 50/60hz. Also, will the radio work correctly?

I really don’t know but I’m curious as to why not use amazon.com/US, especially as stateside instruments always seem to be cheaper?

It’s actually not available right now on US Amazon and that price on UK Amazon is the cheapest I’m able to find it at all right now. Just curious as to whether it would work okay or if it’s not worth the hassle.

1 Like

ahh. I’d love to help answer but I really don’t have the knowledge you need to make a secure decision.

(Today’s listed price is £506. As you probably know Amazon prices seem to change on a daily bloody basis! The tx-6 is now £922 instead of £899 a week ago, the TE headphones £47 down from £60 etc.)