Analog Style Stepsequencer

> since there is only one synthengine active this won´t work..

You could still play it on the same engine. One of the signature properties of OP-1 is that many settings sound very different depending on the octave. Having something that can play an entirely different part of the virtual keyboard could help us exploit that fact better. Right now only tombola and sketch can go far outside of the selected two-octave range and they’re not very useful for live improvisations.

My own idea for a sequencer wouldn’t be a new sequencer per se, but a tweak to Sketch. I wish it was possible to enter notes live as it plays. (I.e. you would set it to auto-run, hold shift and simply press keys to draw pixels at the intersection of the scan line and key.) Very similar to Pattern, but the results would be completely different. Combined with the fact that Sketch begins to erase history after so many pixels ,it would allow for all kinds of crazy sequences to be layered and morphed in real time. I think this would go well with other unorthodox sequencing tools in OP-1.

…tombola is excellent for Live. keep floatin’