Any luck syncing Pocket Operators with Microbrute?

Even with the right settings on both units, I can’t seem to get my PO-12 to clock my Microbrute. After a lot of experimenting, I’ve determined that the PO signal needs amplification before the Microbrute will register it. Has anyone else played around with this set up with success?

I'd imagine that if you can sync the brutes with volcas, then it should also work...right?

here are these comments:
Hey! Great sequence. Question: Did you have to adjust settings via the Arturia software in order to have the sequencer sound without holding down the keys? Thanks
·
Hey there thanks! Yes I used the MicroBrute connection software. In/under the sequencer control section I switched the left (play) button to Hold in stead of Note on!
·

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzT7Sm963Qc&ab_channel=Tjoppy

The way I sync my Minibrute with the PO's is kinda the longer route. MIDI out from brute into OG iCM, iCM MIDI out to Volca Beats, and then POs to Beats SYNC IN. haha the Beats is working as my sync interface i guess.

my guess is the micro brutes sound is inverted which why the op-1 doesnt work with the POs at the moment… the volcas and korg stuff in general seems agnostic

I made an free iPad app which can be used to sync PO’s with MIDI. Check it out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midiloop/id973104402?mt=8&uo=4

@tsoon wow your app looks good, thank you for sharing and offering it for free! sending operator love to you.

Any chance you'll make an iPhone version? :)
@tsoon wow your app looks good, thank you for sharing and offering it for free! sending operator love to you.

Any chance you'll make an iPhone version? :)
Thanks! iPhone version - sorry, most probably not.

Not that it will help in this case, but just for the record, the PO sync pulse is a 1Vpp square pulse with a little less than 3ms:

Not that it will help in this case, but just for the record, the PO sync pulse is a 1Vpp square pulse with a little less than 3ms: image

I think korg more tolerant…

@punji, interesting. I want one of these things, but it’s probably too rich for my blood.

Not that it will help in this case, but just for the record, the PO sync pulse is a 1Vpp square pulse with a little less than 3ms: image

Cool! You don’t have a volca you could do this for too, do you? I would be curious to see the technical differences between the signals.

^ I don’t have a Volca (yet), but according to the user manual, “The SYNC OUT jack sends a 5V pulse of 15ms at the beginning of each step”, so it seems to be a beefier (5x) version of the PO sync.

Dang. That explains it then.

It’s possible to convert the PO sync signal to MIDI using Arduino:

http://lofi.fi/sync-a-midi-device-with-po-12-using-arduino/

Maybe this could help. By modifying the program, it could be possible to send a 5V sync click that the Microbrute would understand.

^ True, but if you don’t need MIDI at all, just connect to Microbute, a simple solution would use a transistor and a couple resistors to amplify that pulse from 1V to 5V.

Have you tried Microbrute’s square wave LFO out -> PO sync in?

Have you tried Microbrute's square wave LFO out -> PO sync in?
This works!