Any news on the OP-Z CV module? Considering the new MODULARS?

So tempted to order one of those new Pocket Operator Modulars but I want to know if I’ll be able to control them with the OP-Z…

yes! TE published a PO-Modular video with this:

2 Likes

It’s interesting, since you wouldn’t need a 170 (which has a keyboard/seq) if you have this and an OP-Z. You also wouldn’t need the sequencer in the 400.

Seems like if you buy now, something will be redundant.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. The OP-Z could be used, but as you stated it would be redundant. I’m sure these will be fun and I find the product to be highly innovative, but this is the first time that I will not be ordering from TE instantly.

1 Like

It is likely that they will start selling the PO modules separately without the attached sequencers. The release video and page show the modules each with a dedicated packaging.

1 Like

CV to control other modules with the 170…?

1 Like

you could utilize the 400 sequencer for modulation purposes to get more out of the system while the OP-Z handles CV/Gate duties. Same goes for the 170 - transposing the CV out of the OP-Z or for extensive CV modulation with the keyboard & sequencer simultaneously.

3 Likes

I see you can buy the modular stuff now I wonder why the op lab module is still not released? Seems strange…

3 Likes

I also think it’s a bit strange to reveal (and make available) a completely new product range, before most of the OP-Z’s accessoires are available anywhere. Still haven’t seen the leather sleeve anywhere (which I will not preorder, until I at least know HOW the OP-Z will be wrapped/packed/secured inside; none of the official photos show that). Can’t order the knobs anywhere (which I’m not interested in, but still…). And no “real” news concerning the MIDI/CV-module. Even the roll up bags are hard to find.

Instead they now start something completely different. I really like, what I see about the PO modulars. But to be honest, I’m also a bit p*ssed to not be properly informed about the current product range and what’s to come, first. Feels like they already leave OP-Z behind.

Maybe that new TE incense will help us relax until the cv module comes out :joy:
Actually those ports on top of the op-z would hold incense pretty well!

2 Likes

Relax! I doubt they just have one team that works on everything they release.

3 Likes

I understand what you mean, but it seems like this modular system is a natural extension of the OP-Z, as they have been showing the gate/CV module for a while before it released. They supported the OP-1 for a long time so I don’t see why they won’t with the OP-Z too, probably even more so if they are releasing external gear that works with it.

I know and probably my words have been a bit harsh :slight_smile: I guess I’m just not a big fan of TEs information politics during the whole “op-z-cycle” (starting with false information on battery life during presale etc.).
If I’m not mistaken, even NAMM didn’t deliver any real news about anything we didn’t already know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: And what we know (for sure) is not much.

But I’ll stop whining for now! I love the OP-Z and look forward to everything that’s about to come!

1 Like

Good things take some time

1 Like

I have difficulty keeping my the hype machine for anything TE does under control. the op-z-cycle and op-1 firmware update of 2016 are perfect examples of them not releasing enough or correct info and me getting to caught up.

1 Like

I’m on the same page

1 Like