Hey guys, I’m trying my best to create these long sweeping pads/sweeps/leads on the Op1 and I’ve picked up a lot of your songs that sounds a lot like the one’s I’m aiming at (think Tycho/BoC), but I don’t get the sounds that I want!
Play them at regular speed and then slow them down
Thanks for taking the time to make this video! Saved for further reference
Cluster Cluster and more Cluster + Nitro and/or CWO with long delays/light modulation. Especially Cluster/ Nitro if your going for BOC soundz.
Also recording a tonal sample, setting loop points in the middle and adding attack
A little tremolo LFO goes a long way
Dsynth and Pulse get honorable mentions for pads.
I like do this:
- Cluster, fm or Digital engine, set not too harsh tone. Different tones creates different pads obviously.
- Envelope: pretty long attack, not too fast decay, 10-20% of sustain, long release, not full counterclockwise, but enough long.
- Effect: Delay, blue parameter to one click from full clockwise, input 80, speed 10, feedback 80.
- Tremolo lfo, slow rate (near 0.5 Hz i think), green parameter to 4…8.
- If it’s used not for tape recording but just as pads generator, master effect to reverb with desired parameters, mostly for stereo effect.