anybody use Lemur app? (iMini & iProphet can't get them to work)

@erhenius ...... not sure about inbetween frequencies if thats what you're getting at? ......

That is exactly what I’m getting at.

I am searching for something with which I can do different temperaments or even have sliders above note keys that will detune them individually. Something like a fluidic piano

hmm, i'm almost positive that midi notes and other values only respond to integers. so like 11.5 wouldn't work.

i think it would mostly depend on the midi device u hooked up to it.

like if the synth u plugged in had a detune knob, or a cents tuning param, u could use the midi note to generate your base note, then add some tweaking based on the CC's however u wanted to do that to get you inbetween.

theres prob alot of ways u could do it, but sinces lemur is all midi or osc, u are limited to the communication between your devices and sometimes u gotta think outside the box a lil bit to make it work. (atleast for me, i'm not a super programmer)

@masterofstuff124 yea! i was surprised (then not so surprised) that they omitted this from the volca sample. i think it would really give the RYTM a run of its money if they had included midi note pitch.

i'm gunna try to tweak the values a lil bit more cause its not 100% perfect (can't get at fractional values, which I think is what you really need to get spot on pitch). the octave above and below the original sound really spot on, but then the octave 2 above and 2 below it gets a liiiiiiiiil wonky. not sure if its something u can totally lock in, and u can't seem to get at the "shift+turn speed knob for note values" via the midi. but its better than nothing!

on the other hand, it gives your samples a lil detune effect sometimes, which i was having fun w/ last night, and if you match it against other volca samples if all sounds in tune relative to each other anyway.

i'm gunna mess w/ it against an actual keyboard tonight and see how well it holds up.

@erhenius What @dicshermsticks is pointing out is absolutely also my experience. If you want something different and want to tweak a device for something that was not intended, you’ve gotta search alternate routes. In your situation going for pitch bend and programming Lemur to send a different random value for pitch (usually control channel 1, I think), might be a good solution though. Bump if you need help.