Anyone else make progress with the unity videolab package yet?

Z Heads

I have tried and tried, I have watched all the videos, including the latest batch of videos on how to create and import Videopaks through Unity but I cannot for the life of me get anything working on my android device (Samsung S8)…

I have my project in Unity complete how I want it, it is a very simple logo which I would like to rotate. I have tried up to 4 different versions of Unity to try and get this working. I’ve followed the “Ninety Six” tutorial down to a tee, using all the same versions of Unity and Klak etc. I followed each step of the more recent “videolab creators” channel and still no avail. My logo is simple and I would just like to pay someone to make something guaranteed to work. I have no Apple device to test this on, the device in my pocket is my Samsung S8 so that is what I want to use it on.

I have attached a still of the 3D logo, which essentially reads ‘FLR’ and can be fully rotated. I have also attached a link to a video I have uploaded to show the logo being rotated etc and what it needs to look like. As I say I have the unity file i can send so the logo doesnt HAVE to be rebuilt again if not needed.

I’d love to hear peoples thoughts on what can be done with it, at the least I just want to be able to rotate the logo, ideally left and right with the BLUE dial and maybe up and down with the GREEN dial. If we can go further, if someone wants cash for the challenge to make this then maybe we could add a few more features, maybe we could make it do a few more things, i.e dissolve or shake, auto rotate etc.

As I say it needs to be able to work straight away on my Android device, otherwise I’m in the same position as I am now! I will be getting an Ipad 2020 in the coming months, so if all versions of the Videopak can still be made that would be ideal.

Anyway, who is up for this? The logo is simple and we can talk about prices etc

Cheers!

In my video above I wanted to do a tech demo of what’s possible. if you watch my video carefully you’ll see each note you hear is somehow visualised (though there seems to be a delay causing not all notes correctly visualised on the piano). So its all direct MIDI to visual. You see what you play. Notes, Velocity, the dials, instruments, etc etc. Live. If there’s a midi signal you can visualise it.

What you see is literally me messing with my OP-Z. This could also work interactively on a touch screen, and how it’s visualised really is limited by your unity skills (which in my case was limited to this project, same for Blender).

I moved on from unity & blender & videopaks since playing with it last year. Still think the tech is awesome and amazing potential. But yes it’s very hard, and doesn’t seem to take off which is a bit of a shame. Maybe someone else will do a better job showing what’s possible one day. I still have visions of live performances with this stuff…

What you’re asking is def possible. I don’t have the time to re-visit this but just wanted to put this out there. Hopefully someone will pick this up for you.

1 Like

Thank you for your time

Hey I can set this up for you

Hey, thanks! I will message you now (Y)

Emails shouldn’t appear in this forum, please use PM to exchange personal info.

Great tutorial by @cuckoo, covering the basics of videolab and working 2D animations.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for sharing! It was great fun getting deep into Videolab, FINALLY! So glad I did it. Now it’s like a toolbox, and I’m already planning to use it more.

3 Likes

Such a great video!