Anyone using the OP as fx box in live rig?

Hi I was wondering if any of youses used the OP in your live rig as an effect box like you would with a kaoss pad for example? I use a sp404 live and would like to beef the fx game up a bit with some delay, cwo or M buttons. Would love to hear feedback. Cheers

I really wish I had a second op1 to constantly be used as an FX box. But yes it makes a great fx machine.

Sweet mate, what kind of music do you play?

made this today on the Op1 its such a great sketchpad. https://soundcloud.com/masterofstuff124/side-a its a weird one. sorry if it kills your speakers. I like and play all different kinds of music.

I get what you’re saying. This was quite cool although a bit short. See I was thinking about copping the oto bim and pair it with my Sp but I think I should give the op1 potential a try before taking the jump. I’ll post some try outs when I’m back home.

Also just by the way I’m spending the weekend in Lisbon and I’ve had maaad digging success in vinyl record stores. Highly recommend Louie Louie and sound club store. If you’re digging for local stuff also Brazilian, etc dig no further.

They also have UK, U.S., etc stuff as well

I have used it a bit like this-yes with your m1&2 and drive/EQ its capable.I have 2 kp3s and 2 miniKps plus 2 reverb in that config attached to SL 1200s so the music is all about the effects and lond spacey sounds as opposed to equal tempered stuff/harmonic songs.So for me I would pick KPs over it ,but if you have one (an OP) then yes.It has a tape machine strapped on so more samples also.

Nice one, that is indeed loads of FX. I don’t think I could handle that many at a time since I’m already dealing a lot with the SP pads. I was thinking about doing spacey breaks every once in a while. Usually I have my mate doing scratch and cut over my beats but I would like to do this alone from time to time and more FX + tape + keys could help with variations etc etc.
Thanks for all the input guys, I will try this out tonight and post results.
Cheers!

I have used it a bit like this-yes with your m1&2 and drive/EQ its capable.I have 2 kp3s and 2 miniKps plus 2 reverb in that config attached to SL 1200s so the music is all about the effects and lond spacey sounds as opposed to equal tempered stuff/harmonic songs.So for me I would pick KPs over it ,but if you have one (an OP) then yes.It has a tape machine strapped on so more samples also.

I haven’t found a chance to use it in a project/live, but I love to use my OP-1 with an active bass plugged directly in. Using playing dynamics with the Nitro filter can produce some wicked Auto-Filtering effects that you have total control over (if you have good dynamic control over your bass/guitar string attack)

nice , especially when a few more things kick in near the end.

I like using the CWO mapped to the M buttons for weird scratchy sounds. My audio all comes from the OP-1 tho.