Aphex Gear List

Richard D. James interview on Pitchfork. A great piece of writing and the reader gets a pretty deep insight into the Aphex Twin domain. Listened to the album last night (yes, it has leaked and this time, they say, it’s actually Syro and notsome fake stuff…will buy it when released.), sounds cool but I need more listens to decide whether I really like it or not. For me, it’s the ‘Richard D. James Album’ from nearly 20 years ago that offers the essence and best moments of Aphex Twin. But I’m becoming and old fart I guess. :slight_smile:

My favourite bit from the interview:

I used to be a bit secretive and didn’t want people to know what I was using, or get too fixated and waste their money buying equipment, because it’s not about what equipment you have, it’s what you do with it.”

How true.

Another good interview eh, enjoyed reading it.

I pre-ordered the vinyl and can’t wait to get it. Gonna try to resist listening to the leak! Call me mad, but when ordering I also ticked the tickbox to be entered into the crazy expensive ltd edition. Not sure if I’d actually exercise my option though!