Audio output: only hearing sound out of left side of headphones while using OP-1

Not sure if this is normal or not. This is my second OP-1 (first one didn’t even work out of the box). Did a factory reset and fully charged the unit and only have sound coming into the left side of my headphones which have been verified to have work on both sides on other audio devices.

Thanks,

How is the sync? Right side is sync signal in some configurations.

1 Like

Already checked with other headphones? Mixer is all set to Center?

Already checked with other headphones? Mixer is all set to Center?

Yep, mixer is at center and tried with a couple different pairs of head phones.

How is the sync? Right side is sync signal in some configurations.

How can I check to verify this?

Push metronome button. Turn green ccw

After messing around the the input jack a little more, I found I do get sounds in both sides of the headphones if the jack is only 90% in the input. Once it’s fully in, its only the left side unless I push down on the headphone connector. Any ideas or just a bad connection within the device?

sounds like a wonky jack.

may just need to be cleaned, or the pins pushed in a lil so they are making full contact again.
that would be an easier fix.

or a new jack itself, or a new connector board if u aren’t capable of swapping the jack out for a new one.
this would be harder or more expensive.

Same issue here, I’d assume this means I may not be getting stereo when running into the mixer. Just noticed it happening today.

Edit* I’m a noob and forgot I had been syncing my wife’s volca sample >_<

fallen_lassen solves this for me…

Push metronome button. Turn green ccw

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Had the same problem. Turned out to be one of the connectors between the jack and PCB had a bad connection. Just resoldered it and the problem was solved.

If you don’t want to solder i believe ifixit have replacement boards

@Defectus said:
Had the same problem. Turned out to be one of the connectors between the jack and PCB had a bad connection. Just resoldered it and the problem was solved.

If you don’t want to solder i believe ifixit have replacement boards

I may try this but worried I may fry the board. Was the connector a broken solder joint on yours, or did you have you have to test with a multimeter?

1 Like

if you’re just reflowing joints on the jacks, it’d be pretty hard to fry the board
even with mediocre soldering skills.
just go slow and take your time.

2 Likes

Had the same issue, this worked for me too. Just a little patience, a sharp tipped solder iron, all done.

worked for me thanks

1 Like

Just found this forum because I have a similar issue… what does it mean turn CCW green?

How do you solder it exactly? Is there a video and does it damage the op1?

Counter clockwise

Still confused haha

I think he is saying enter the meternome screen and turn the green encoder to the left (counter clockwise)… by doing this you change the sync setting. Not sure if it will fix the problem you are having. I just thought I would chime in to try and help a fellow Operator… Good luck!!!