Audiobus Remote

Not sure who’s been following the “big surprise” thread over on the Audiobus forums, but their “Audiobus Remote” app dropped today. Basically allows you to use a second iOS device as a morphing remote for anything loaded into Audiobus.

It works really well. 5 bucks American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsnNi8M1Upo

Audiobus Remote by Audiobus Pty Ltd
https://appsto.re/us/99pG5.i

Great app, no doubt about that, indeed a game-changer for many iOS musicians out there. I, for one, don’t want to expand my rig and use more than one iPad, it’s more than enough, plus I have 5 hardsynths, a drum machine and 4-5 stompoxes to handle when on stage. So at this time it is not of much use for me. However, I’d fancy an ‘Audiobus Remote running on the same device’ version, which would enable users to control and tweak all the apps open in the Audiobus chains from a single control surface, without having to switch between apps. Sebastian of Audiobus hinted that this might happen in a future update since a number of users, me included, had already requested it.

Great app, no doubt about that, indeed a game-changer for many iOS musicians out there. I, for one, don't want to expand my rig and use more than one iPad, it's more than enough, plus I have 5 hardsynths, a drum machine and 4-5 stompoxes to handle when on stage. So at this time it is not of much use for me. However, I'd fancy an 'Audiobus Remote running on the same device' version, which would enable users to control and tweak all the apps open in the Audiobus chains from a single control surface, without having to switch between apps. Sebastian of Audiobus hinted that this might happen in a future update since a number of users, me included, had already requested it.

Im not looking at it as any kind of crucial aspect of my hard-wired home studio, though. I have that all well in hand, too. But as a mobile component, it’s ideal. For me, I have an OP-1, iPad mini retina (Mini 2), & a Samson Meteor mic. That’s an entire, functional studio that I can carry with one hand. For this setup, the Remote app is clutch. My phone is on hand all the time, and it makes the recording process really smooth.