Axoloti Redux and OP-1 Tape Alternative.

Someone on this forum mentioned Axoloti to me a while back. I haven’t found much in the way of discussion on these lately, so I thought I would bring it up.

For those who may have been waiting on them, they are shipping now.

I ordered two, arrived in Canada in about 2 weeks after ordering I think. I’ve yet to really get into working with them, but I’ve played around a bit and they’re everything I’d hoped for. (The GUI is not great, but it does the job.) They sound really good and I can’t get over how well designed they are.

I’d love to hear what other forum members who have bought them are doing with them.

However, I’m starting to have a problem with the OP-1. It doesn’t record in stereo and that’s becoming more and more of a problem for me. It’s not usually an issue, but I’m starting to work more and more with audio sources that use stereo and I want to keep the spatial qualities. On the other hand, I find the tape workflow really great and don’t want to give it up. Does anyone know of something that has a similar workflow (short of an actual 4-track) that I might be able to sub in? To make matters worse, I need a hardware module that’s portable and battery powered. My rule of thumb is I should be able to work from the couch if I need to. OP-1 does that great, and Axoloti can work well that way too.

PS I haven’t been around in a while. Been in a bit of a funk, music-wise. I’m not counting on the new gear to fix that but I have some hope things will turn around in the summer.