Battery holder replacement for PO400?

Hello, I’m new in this forum. I have been searching for a replacement for the battery holder for the week with no luck… the one with the wires pre-soldered on (like as it comes brand new) with the switch and female plugin for the adapter…but I cant find the darn thing to order a new one. Does anyone have a link to the same battery holder for the PO400 module? Thanks in advance. I attached a picture of the current one I have, as you can see…its not it’s great shape.

I’d suggest contacting TE to get a new one. The new style battery pack is much better as the wires plug into the holder (like connecting to the power strip).

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! Appreciate you. I feel as I am getting closer to solving this issue…I reached out to them, they directed me to the Modular Power Adapter (picture attached) but nothing regarding the battery pack/holder unit that the power adapter would plug into, as the battery holder in my originally picture is compromised from excessive twisting due to taking out and putting in new batteries + the chips have cracked/broken. It’s a very difficult part to find and makes the difference of loosing out on $550 for a part that looks to be $20-$40 range. I replied back to TE email and asked if that power adapter unit includes the battery pack, no response yet, I’ll give it a day or two and wait. Side note, I’ll be getting a power adapter after all this so I avoid handling the delicate batter pack holder.

What you want to ask TE for is a replacement battery power pack module (15). It’s the new style which avoids the problems of having the wires directly soldered on (it comes with the wires to attach to the power strip):

1 Like

My god that thing looks janky… I can’t believe they put that cheap looking thing in a $600 synth… it should be a crime. That power switch is about the cheapest I have ever seen… TE build quality right there…

1 Like

You are a life saver, thank you! I have been emailing a TE operator support the past few days, since my last post above (they have been responding surprising quick) and after a misunderstanding of the product with the power adapter a couple times, he re-sent a correct link after I mentioned the “Replacement battery pack module (15) with the new style switch/avoiding the soldered on wires” which made the difference of them knowing the part I was looking for lol. I guess those were the magic words. Now I just have to get past the checkout process for the payment method that’s not showing any type areas to put my card info to process the payment. Waiting for them to enable that for me now with an email I just sent. I attached screenshot of the link TE directed me to if anyone was curious of the cost to get a new battery holder for themselves, as I know this is a very common issue for PO Module owners…so I hope this helps someone down the road.

Happy I could help - enjoy using your PO-400 with your new power module!

1 Like