Battery life

Are you supposed to charge the Op-1 every night? I read it has 16 hours of playing life. And a ridiculously high amount of standbye life. I was at 4 green bars 1 day ago. I figure it has plenty of battery so why overcharge, left it off and unplugged. I didn’t play for a day, pick it up this afternoon and it’s down to 1 blinking bar?

It happens that the display meters is not aligned anymore with the real battery level.
You should be able to play for 8 hours before it’s drained, and consumption is minimal when it’s off obviously.

I think to recalibrate battery meters you have to drain the battery. Check other threads about this. But there are most chances there’s nothing to be afraid about.

2 Likes

I don’t think these devices (op-1 and op-z) like to sit very long unused. A lot of horror stories I’ve read about battery problems always mention leaving it sitting for a while without turning it on. It’s almost like the batteries want/need to be cycled. It WANTS to be played. I know that’s not your situation, I’m just sayin.’ I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt it to charge it every couple of days. Hope you’re getting better acquainted with it and starting to make some music. Can’t wait to hear it.

1 Like