Battery Meter at Half w/ Full Charge

Ok, I have no issue with charging. Just recalibrating the battery level indicator. However should I see anything on leds if I’m charging the device while it is turned on? They are black. I guess this is because flashing leds would make noise in the VU meter functionality. LLEDs flash while the device is charged being turned off.
However the device turned on automatically when I plugged the USB cable in, so I think I’m fine.
I’m just interested in whether this statement “Do not manually turn off the unit” is valid only for how to start the charging or I’m neither allowed to turn off the machine until it fully charged up.

To recalibrate check the second paragraph of the process, It worked well many times for me.

Do I have to keep the device turned on until it fully charges or am I allowed to turn it off just to let the display go to sleep? :)
No, keep it switched on, and let it charge for 6 to 7 hours. Then you can switch it off.

Ok, thanks.

So, I had a problem with indicator — after all night charging it indicated 3 point of 5.

And I’ve tried the ‘urban legend’ way:

1.Connect the USB cable to computer
2. Turn DISK mode on on the op-1 (copied my files)
3. Safely removed the device (on windows 10 by the way)
4. Turn off op-1
5. Disconnected cable from op-1
6. Turned on op-1

And yes - indicator became 5 point fully charged!
By the way, I’ve already recalibrated the battery before(like a month ago).
Thanks for such a good advice, it worked!

@Romanwave said:
So, I had a problem with indicator — after all night charging it indicated 3 point of 5.

And I’ve tried the ‘urban legend’ way:

1.Connect the USB cable to computer
2. Turn DISK mode on on the op-1 (copied my files)
3. Safely removed the device (on windows 10 by the way)
4. Turn off op-1
5. Disconnected cable from op-1
6. Turned on op-1

And yes - indicator became 5 point fully charged!
By the way, I’ve already recalibrated the battery before(like a month ago).
Thanks for such a good advice, it worked!

Yup!
Did the trick twice and now the charging led indicator works while the OP-1 is switched off and charging from the PC!

Well the “deplete and recharge” method worked like a charm for me. I also believe that the issue originated when I didn’t eject the disk properly from my Mac. It was definitely just the metre displaying inaccurately as it blinked on that last LED for a day and a half. I also did NOT switch to off before recharging to full. One question I do have however is in regards to the importance of using a 5 watt charger… I used a 10w iPad brick and it seemed to work fine, although I’m not exactly sure how long it took because I simply left it on over night, and even at that point the the charging sequence continued when ever I pressed the context / info key but I figure it would have stopped had the unit been switched to off before charging. Anyhow I’m brand new here, and just picked up the op-1 from a guy who bought it new about 8 months ago. With all the issues I’ve been seeing about this issue i really hope it wasn’t damaged in the process. Anyhow great community you’ve got here!

I’m resurrecting this thread because this BS is happening to me now. Got my op-1 brand new in May and about two weeks ago it started this crap, I did a factory reset and everything went back to normal. Now it’s doing it again. This only happens when I leave the op-1 off and don’t use it for a few days. I swear, if I use it every day even for just 5 minutes, I don’t have any problems with the battery indicator. This is nerve-wracking. So, if anyone else is having this problem, this is my experience: factory reset and play it every day.

This is a rant: So, it’s doing it again! I guess the only way I can use my OP-1 is by doing a factory reset and not adding any of my own sounds. Lovely.

did u do the deplete and recharge method to try to recalibrate the battery meter?
the battery meter has always been kinda wonky.
mine chills on the last dot for daysssss.
doesn’t really bother me as it doesn’t affect my ability to make tunes at all

1 Like

I’m thinking I’ll try that next. It’s just weird that it happens every time after I add my own samples. Then I do a factory reset and it acts normal again. There is a pattern here. And I agree, I shouldn’t worry about it too much. First World problem.