Battle 35 - Vote

So, we have only two entries! I could not finish mine as well :frowning:

@kln https://soundcloud.com/dj_kln/esseff

@aeoner https://soundcloud.com/aeoner/losin-operator-1-forum-battle

Is one week enough?

Iā€™ve got to vote for @kln ,sorry @aeoner and well done for entering.
I really love trying to work out @klns headspace and methods when I listen back.Youā€™re welcome to retain some mystery here,Iā€™m jus thinking out loud,but is it achieved with the OP-1s ability or with the original instrument (machine)to get those sounds .Like do you use legato with a looped kick to get the quieter sub base.I could almost here the Cluster engine at times as the harmonics opened.(?)
That track needs sub on the moniter/heads phones when listening back.I love the way the sample hangs like a disembodied fine mail over a robust skeleton (like a scifi memory) and it took me a 2nd listen to get it.It did remind me of another DJ style sample of the past (I canā€™t remember)and does require skill to achieve.props

I am gonna go for @kln too, just more variety there. Very San Fran pics from you both! And well done you guys!

@Spheric_El - keeping some mystery intact, the entire track was created with sounds derived internally with the OP-1. only exceptions were the sample from the original track via 7-inch vinyl, and the OP-1 microphone recording mentioned in the post as the ā€œfield recordingā€, which resulted in only a few sounds sparingly used throughout the track, (and quite obviously at the end).

of course i will be more than happy to explain any of my process in detail which might help others, so if there are any specific questionsā€¦iā€™m happy to unravel the mystery to my best ability for anyone interested. but itā€™s nothing fancy honestlyā€¦just pressing, tapping, holding, some buttons & tweaking, twisting, turning some knobs. ha!

and of course @aeoner gets my vote! loving the sample and how you chopped and flipped it. nice track dude. and pleasure going toe-to-toe with you.

Awesome.Nice to know it was all OP-1.

Hello!

Well, itĀ“s a really beautiful and hot summer in the northern hemisphere, so I understand the low number of entries. And I got one of the best from the forum: big up @kln, always great beats, with a complex drum programming that I love and cannot achieve! You did an amazing work here, and I can figure your signature. Of course, my vote goes to you :slight_smile:

However, after listening them a lot, I think both of our beats are longer than they should - specially mine, that lasts near one minute more that it really needed.

But it was a great battle, thanks a lot @kln and @brunogola, and @Spheric_El and @carmobot for the feedback :slight_smile:

@brunogola - ready for a new battle? or prefer to leave voting open longer? not a lot of activity here.

My vote goes to kln. Itā€™s too bad this one had such a small turn out, but at least it came down to two of this sites strongest contributors.

seems like this battle is pretty complete. imma go ahead and start a new battle thread. and hopefully it will incite more participation for the next round. hope that isnā€™t too presumptuous, and doesnā€™t offend anyone.

thanks to all for the votes and feedback. and thanks @brunogola for what i actually thought was a great rule set that challenged me and stretched my creativity.

also @aeoner for entering. as i mentioned before, really cool track, and FWIW, i actually didnā€™t find your tune too long at all.