Battle 38 - Stereo Pancake

Awesome submissions already, thumbs up @Gambler @Servando @Aahz!!!

What about a deadline extension?

Lol. Oh no. If you extend the deadline I’ll be tempted to start reworking mine :stuck_out_tongue:

@motone Are we extending the deadline or is gonna be between just the three of us?

How longs a reasonable extension ?
I have something ,but unfinished .

I don’t mind an extension, but at the same time this battle is already running for extra twenty-something days.

BTW, great sound textures in that track, @Aahz.

I would have worked on it, I’ve got many ideas, but didn’t had time to play with my machines these last weeks.

How’s about extending till this Sunday 24:00 ?

I wouldn’t mind another week.

I promise I’ll submit something !

Me too! Already participated in another Battle for House. Done, finished time for more ! Yay !

i could post what i have now, if no extension gets provided. but if there is one, there are a few tweaks i already know that i want to get in first.

if others are promising to submit given another few days…in my opinion, the more entries the better the battle.

will refrain from posting, pending a decision on new date or not.

Extension granted. What about Jan 31st?

Great ! I’m in

I’m also glad for the extension!

You're being generous, @Monotone !
Thank you very much !

Now we HAVE to produce something quite high level :D

Here’s one from me:

https://soundcloud.com/yoof-1/hard-pan

I used my MachineDrum to produce some other wordly sounds using a hi hat and lots of RAM machines. I recorded and transferred lots of material from the MD to the Op-1 using a Zoom H5 - this is the bit where I used the rule which allowed me to break the rules, as I don’t think I was allowed to do that! Then I jumbled up all the material onto two hard panned tracks such that the noises on each channel were different. Then just added lots of drums and some synths from the Op-1. There’s a synth sound in there that sounds pretty central, but it’s really two similar patches (using different synth engines) both with some Spring and some LFO’d Nitro.

This battle was MUCH harder than I thought it was going to be - I enjoyed taking part :slight_smile:
I doubt my track would sound very good if I listened to it on a mono system though!

here’s mine.

made primarily from samples added to OP-1 via the OP-1 Drum Utility tool. besides that only internal synths were used. all fully arranged and composed on device.

besides the main Kick & Snare and the Primary Vocal (which isn’t me btw), all else has been panned one way or another. doesn’t deviate too far from the concept of the rule base, but i took some artistic liberties since i felt like the punch of those drums and voice required center bias. (accomplished by recording all of those parts equally on each L or R channel respectively).

https://soundcloud.com/dj_kln/open

So what happend to this battle? Really loving these stereo tracks operators. Excellent job!

Deadline extended. @Monotone royally proposed January 31st as the new deadline.

Seems OK :slight_smile:

I think I’m going to have another bash at mine. I kind of hate what I made!