Battle 38 - Stereo Pancake

Hi, I’m new!

This piece travels through three parts or “levels”. I just got my PO-20 yesterday in the mail, so that makes an appearance on level 3 alongside my older PO-12 on the right channel. I lined in some vocal atmospherics using space echo on Level 1, and two tracks of guitar on level 3.

https://soundcloud.com/edzillamusic/i-made-it-to-the-third-level-and-died

so glad the extension allowed other operators to get in the battle, including some first time entries! some great work in here, so it will be hard to pick, but nonetheless excited for the voting round to commence.

@yoof - will you be pulling together a playlist in your OP-1 battle soundcloud? it’s been the best way to hear the tracks and assess things with lots of entries, and i’ve missed utilizing that format in the past few battles. no worries if not, or it’s a hassle.

Hey @kln - good idea, and sorry for not having kept that up in the last few. Will endeavour to put that together today.

@yoof thx mate :slight_smile:

@kln excellent idea !
@Edzilla you seem to be totally infected by the Arcade, speaking of levels like this ^^
Very good track ! There’s some weird sonic landscapes and differents parts levels with each its atmosphere. Definitely the kind I’m fond of !!

The night was epic ! Weirdest conditions ever to finish a track :smiley:
Anyway, I’ll leave the track as is as a reminding of this night where 2 bathrooms were sometimes not enough for the 4 of us… :smiley:

Wow @quarantequatre !!!

It’s really impressive !

Here’s the playlist, folks:

https://soundcloud.com/ohpeewon-battles/sets/battle-38

If anybody sees a missing track, ping me and I’ll add it (but I think I added them all).

Alright, thanks to everyone who participated, and especially @yoof for playlisting. I’ll create a voting thread in about 6 hours, so there’s still some time for last-minute entries…

@yoof I´ll upload tonite, lot of stuff happened here on the last two months but I managed to finish the beat! :slight_smile:

thanks for setting up the playlist @yoof

great to hear all the tracks that way.

Thank you @LyingDalai :slight_smile: I really appreciate. Your sick track is awesome too :slight_smile:
@yoof thanks for the playlisting and excellent track by the way !

OMG All tracks are frakkin’ awesome !

I was wondering, how do you name this instrument in english ? I said rattletrap, but I’m not sure about that :smiley:

@44 Je dirais “mouth harp”…

Hello! Finished my entry :slight_smile: I´m really sorry, @yoof. If it´s possible to put it on the list, I´ll be really thankful: https://soundcloud.com/aeoner/0131a

Hey @aeoner ! Cool you made it.

One thing though : I recognize the theme of your song, as if it had been used in a previous battle… But I can’t find the song it’s from.

Cool. I’m a little busy atm, but I’ll create the voting thread in a few hours.

Hey @aeoner, I added your track to the playlist.

@quarantequartre its a Jews Harp.
I love that though…Rattletrap.

First of all, I´m really sorry to be delayed - not only because of the normal delay and the extra work to @yoof but because when @motone proposed the battle I was the one which asked to reduce the original time. However a lot of things happened here and I had some hard times in december/january - but everything is good now and I finished the beat and some other beats! :slight_smile: 2016 will be a really productive year!

@LyingDalai listening to the last beat that I made in 2015 to a battle here (Still [Operator-1 Forum Battle] by aeoner | Free Listening on SoundCloud) I understand what you´re talking about - it´s that “laidback” string sound that I love :slight_smile: But maybe I should ban it from my next beats!!!

No no, it’s not the sound of it, it’s both the sound and the melodic line…

I know I’ve heard it already, from one of your songs obviously, but I can’t find it !

I know I know it because I anticipated the resolution of the melodic line at 0:44, I knew exactly what notes were coming.

Your string sound is really cool, no problem with this. It’s even becoming your sonic signature, sort of :wink:
But I would like to know where the melodic sequence is from.

That’s a modified melody from a factory sequencer preset (the one with the monkeys drummers) in the op-1, that’s why you know it @LyingDalai :D. These 2 sequences are my 2 favorites of the factory presets.

THAT’S IT !! Thank you @quarantequatre : you nailed it :smiley: