Battle 38 - Stereo Pancake

@quarantequatre exactly! Indeed, I don´t even remember if it´s really modified or if it´s an impression from the little oddly string sounds. I started this beat after showing a friend the funky monkeys :slight_smile:

(EDIT: I remember now that I used three preset sequences, which are stored on the F, G and A keys. As I played them, they are a little off beat/modified. As the beat progresses, the playing don´t keep very tight and it´s possible to notice a more pronounced offbeat/error/groove, specially with the drum part from the PO-12).

@yoof

Maybe I’m just in an atmospheric mood but I love tearing shapes. The paper cutting is beautifully done and the little moments of center really accentuate the panned feel of everything else.

If that were your submission it would get my vote!

Also this is some steep competition. Do we get extra points for submitting last year? :wink:

Ah, thank you, @Aahz! I definitely got bitten by the field recording bug in that one. It’s lots of fun thinking about what other interesting noises to record next :slight_smile:

Alright, don’t forget to vote: https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1746/battle-38-voting

@admin/mod please “unpin” this thread and pin the voting thread. Many thanks!