Battle 41 Beta OS

I see there are some bugs,

Can anyone throw up a quick pro/con list for the beta OS?

Do you regret it? Or is it worth the bugs?
No need for regret, if you don't like it reinstall the old OS.

@ghostly606 the downgrade is easy? Just install the old OS? :slight_smile:

Yep. Obviously backing up anything you want to keep, just in case, although I think that user patches are retained.

I’ve upgraded/downgraded twice on mine without a hitch. Just make sure you follow the steps and you really can’t go wrong. The pros outweigh the cons by a long shot.

I’ve begun something for this battle :slight_smile:
I just wonder how can I make 1 or 2 tracks free, is it possible to record on tape while jumping on different loops ?

Don’t think it’s possible. You must bounce tracks and erase the others after that.

I've begun something for this battle :)
I just wonder how can I make 1 or 2 tracks free, is it possible to record on tape while jumping on different loops ?

You could maybe find a workflow that fits you by recording like this to album and then bouncing back to a tape track. But remember Tape will only record/resample in mono :frowning: That’s not always a problem tho.

@mixrasta Ahah :). Do you mean bouncing tracks outside the op-1 ?

@Callofthevoid That’s a nice Idea ! I’ve never tried this :).

Thank you mates

No, bouncing inside from track to track, for example 1 to 3 and 2 to 4, just deactivate the get-recorded-track and all the others you don’t wanna record, then bounce with in-ear-recording. Quite easy! @quarantequatre

Anyone had issues with the OS beta? I have tried to upload it a few times and Slump is not appearing as one of the Synth Engines. Will it be a memory thing? as I have other patches saved.

Thanks in advance! look forward to participating if i can get it working…

@ollybiggins
Press shift and Track 1 from inside a synth or the synth selection menu. This lets you change synth engines while maintaining other settings. You should see Slump at the end of the menu that comes up (scroll to it with the blue encoder).

@Zzzach

Thanks for that! unfortunately i’ve tried that already and the last synth that appears is String :confused:

whats weird is that Arp and all the presets are still viewable

Did you press Shift and Track 1? It doesn’t show up in the regular list (Shift + 1-8)

Oh wow just found it -_-" thanks @Zzzach you are a legend

Damn, will probably have to sit this one out – life has been pretty busy with stupid non-synth stuff (like having a kid on the way :smiley: )

Any chance for an extension?

This should be great :slight_smile:

Yeah, I got something going but it was really far from finished… Any chance of more time to finish the tracks @mixrasta?

Same here, I had a start in a dub techno style but I’m soooo far from finished…

Me too ; ) One more week! Looking forward for some fresh input and output of course!