Battle 42 - The Answer

Nice shot @marius, you’re the answer. Fair play choice and good luck !

88 - phase - 172bpm

First post. First battle. Looking forward to this.

Just to clarify, it’s this Hitchhikers version right? Not the old TV series. Been a while since I watched either. Used to love the TV show as a kid tho :wink:

Edit - handy it’s on YouTube if this is the right one :wink: it’s been slowed down to avoid removal but no prob with OP-1 :wink:

91 Bpm 175 good time speed! Slump once again!
I never really got into the book, but now I have a good reason to watch the movie. Probably funny with Mos Def!

80 / 164BPM / Phase.

Cool rules. I really love the books / TV series / movie! Looking fwd.

BTW: is the TV series also allowed as sample source?

Cool.

5 - String Synth - 89bpm

@Callofthevoid @motone Sorry, only the movie is allowed :). Personnally I’ve never seen the TV series, only rode the books and saw the movie.

@mixrasta The movie is a very nice adapation of the book, have a good watch !

Dude the series is infinitely better. The radio series is better still (get it on iTunes fwiw)

@steveoath agreed. I like Marvin’s voice way more in the old series. But these are the rules…

@quarantequatre you should definitely see the tv series. It has lovely trashy special effects and is closer to the book version than the movie.

“Good evening, I am the main dish of the day. May I interest you in the parts of my body?”

Awesome battle
66 - dsynth - 150bpm

53 so I guess I’ll finally learn DNA!

14 - pulse - 98pm… my first battle!

@steveoath @motone Never heard about the old series, I only know the books and the movie. Maybe it was a british exclusive ?

You know it was first a radio show, don't you ?
Then books.
Then TV series :)

No I didn’t :slight_smile:

Haha, nice random maths involved! I got '41'. So for fun (hopefully!) I'm going to try and use samples from within only the 41st minute of the film ;) hopefully it's not a silent spell....

Sounds fun, thanks for putting it together. Looking forward to having a go and hearing everyone else’s :slight_smile:

Nice idea. So mind blogglingly nice I think i'd like to steal it! (To paraphrase the big Z).

Edit: yay “I never could get the hang of Thursdays” is in the 5th minute!

Nice, I got 2. 86bpm String!

100 = 184 bpm. synth choice tbd.

84 - phase - 168bpm

89 - never done much with phase

will consider a half-time track though =)