Battle 42 Voting

Yes I would of loved to have the time,headspace and free OP-1 Tape to of joined in this one.
Will deffo listen to playlist more.

Nice comment on mine, thanks @Spheric_El

Wow - @Motone that track really worked its way into me (as I give this list another listen).
Really love that.

The whole set of tracks digest so well together , brilliant stuff guys.Epic.

@Spheric_El thanks! :slight_smile:

Votes closing soon !

Better make it a countdown in the “OP1 Blog” discussion… :wink:

I’m taking some time to give little feedbacks about all your top entries (between 2 worksh***t)

@OperatorD Love the ambiance you brought to us. Very nice work with unusual approach :). Love the FXs
@Konst As motone said, there’s a nice melancholic vibe, and a perfect sample integration. I really appreciate your music style ! One of my Fav for sure :slight_smile: (even I can’t vote in this battle)
@Edzilla Not easy to make a track like this with strings ! You made a master piece. 1:35 is awesome, very nice mixed. if I may, I would have added a little sub bass. But anyway, that’s one of my fav too !
@Servando That’s a perfect track for sundays in the sun :). Pleasant sensation along this piece. Great work ! One of my fav
@Eti Movy Track, Totally 80s for sure ! I love the way you mixed the samples, very well done ! One of my fav
@MCBasje303 Nice track, and nice equilibrium between strings and the guitare ! I just should have pumped up a bit the samples volume :slight_smile:
@kln Impressive beats as always ! I Love way you introduce the synth @1:08. Nice varations along, very nice wooble too, maybe a bit low :). Your track is one of my fav !
@yoof Dreamy atmosphere, so great to ear a D&B track ! And so well done ! And yes, as said before by other operators, teach us some drums :D. 3:21 <3 One of my fav
@marius This bass ! I really love that :slight_smile: Very good equalization. Awesome progression, another one in my fav !
@Himrod Super groovy melodic. Drum acceleration is very well played. Great work. another Fav
@mixrasta The beat reminds me some fisherspooner tunes :). I love the german samples, fits perfectly with the track ambiance.
@LyingDalai Nice number :D, Love the intro, joyful and jumping :). Crazy track, which is a great representation about the movie itself ! It’s like a full synthesis of it :). Super track, another fav for me buddy !
@interpolate Short time for an awesome track. Simple but so effective ! Super groovy and yes, as @Eti, I would like to hear some MCs on that dope :slight_smile: Fav again .
@curdledgurled Huge bass, techno vibe with a bit of industrial in my thoughts. Electric !
@motone Wow this intro ! Awesome work man ! So Oldschool DnB <3 Jungle ! I wanna run and jump everywhere on this track, it’s so powerful :). I’m wondering about the drum samples, they’re so so great ! One of my fav too.

Thank you all for such great participations ! All tracks are amazing.
I’ve got many favorites, but I can’t vote on this battle :slight_smile:

Here’s the current ranking (tell me if i’m right or wrong):
#1 @Konst 5
#2 @Himrod 4
#3 @LyingDalai 3
#4 @Edzilla & @yoof 2
#5 @eti @interpolate @motone @mixrasta 1

I think you’re allowed to vote @quarantequatre or maybe it’s too hard to decide…

Really ? I can vote even if I’m the battle creator ? It’s pretty hard yes but I’ve got 4 outsiders @lyingdalai and @motone and @yoof and @interpolate
That’s so hard to choose, all tracks are great…

@quarantequatre thanks for your feedback!

That drumloop I used… it has taken a long trip into my OP-1. Must have been around 1994 when I taped my favourite radio show called Rave Satellite every saturday evening. These tapes (I still have them) have been my sample source #1 when I started making music on Amiga and Protracker around that time. So the drumloop went from tape into the Amiga (sampled at 22kHz in 8bit resolution using a not-very-HiFi sound digitizer), where it became part of a happy hardcore track in 1995.
Almost 20 years later I discovered a cool music app called VividTracker, which features very exact playback of Protracker files. Fortunately I had backup’d all my old stuff and transfered it to my iPhone.
Finally, two years later I digged out the old happy hardcore tune and sampled the drumloop from my phone into the OP-1. There I sliced it and used FINGER for sequencing. The silent parts where done by filtering the drumloop using NITRO. Some additional sounds from DBOX.

Yeahh ! I knew there was something special with this drumloop :slight_smile:
Great travel, and I think it’s such an opportunity for a sample like this to finish in the op-1 !
Thanks @motone for the great story :slight_smile:

Kenn ich noch, Rave Satellite mit Marusha auf SFB 2 oder Rockradio B oder schon Fritz?@motone

Cool story around the drum loop, @motone!

Kenn ich noch, Rave Satellite mit Marusha auf SFB 2 oder Rockradio B oder schon Fritz?@motone
@mixrasta Ich glaube, das war gerade der Umbruch von Rockradio zu Fritz. Sind bestimmt 50 Tapes, wenn nicht sogar noch mehr (2x 60min pro Sendung). Und wie es mich immer genervt hat, wenn Marusha in die Tracks reingelabert hat... "Posse in the house!!! Yeah!!!" ... "Stay hip! Klang Klick!" ... "Checkt es aus!" :D
Here's the current ranking (tell me if i'm right or wrong):
#1 @Konst 5
#2 @Himrod 4
#3 @LyingDalai 3
#4 @Edzilla & @yoof 2
#5 @eti @interpolate @motone @mixrasta 1

Well, I counted:

@himrod 4 votes (by @Eti, @motone, @Edzilla, @kln)
@Konst 4 votes (by @marius, @Patch, @yoof, @himrod)
@LyingDalai 3 votes (by @OperatorD, @mixrasta, @canar_batar)
@Edzilla 2 votes (by @interpolate, @Konst)
@yoof 2 votes (by @LyingDalai, @Spheric_El)
@Eti 1 vote (by @Callofthevoid)
@interpolate 1 vote (by @crudeoperator)
@mixrasta 1 vote (by @curdledgurdled)
@motone 1 vote (by @Servando)

You’re right @motone I’ve counted 2 @marius votes as he posted it twice.

Thank you

So we need new voters !!!
Operators, where’re you at ?

Ultimate lurkers sound track !!
Really nice the way the way the film samples blend this comp to a cohesive whole.
All entries so well done ,if no votes all is cool as so much to choose from.
@marius yes I was liking that as it flew by.
@Eti too.
@Konst obviously awesome.

Guys I just want to mention @OperatorD is not on the play list , which is a bit of a shame this late in votes. Maybe assign a free vote compo or something.
Thought I should mention @quaratequatre and @yoof ,just for reference . Not to worry too much as the totally spirit of these friendly battles is entry makes you an instant winner with so much learnt and achieved!

Edit its @curdlegurgled that’s not playing now.
So I must of been mistaken.
Maybe my iPod isn’t playing back soundcloud properly?..