Battle 42 Voting

I fixed the one in the thread above.

My vote goes to @interpolate . There’s a lot of great entries here, in fact all of them are, but yours connected the most. Nice work.

Uh really?! Anyway thanks @yoof!

4/4 certainly made it a great battle, the variety is awesome.
You guys all pushed the little machine to a point I never knew it could do.
It’s also an interesting observation that many here put a lot of effort in the closing, which is like an easter egg.
I’ve tried to listen to as many as possible, and sorry if I didn’t comment on some of the tracks.

@Konst - iiteration -> Blade Runner eh? the closing is good.
@EdZilla - ezillamuis -> Drums are nice, how did you work the string?
@Servando - The Grateful Nerd -> Love the jumpy rhythm, fit for “Mostly Harmless”
@himrod - nimrod -> The sampling blended in well, nice 70s/80s vibe(?)
@LyingDalai -lyingdalai -> Complex yet quite fluid, almost a story in its own.
@interpolate - interpolate -> Simple but not raw.
@motone - Motone -> Punchy, love how it lightens at the end.

My pick
1st LyingDalai
2nd Himrod
3rd Marius

Special Mention
@Interpolate - doesn’t sound like who just got his op-1!

@LyingDalai you’re right buddy, I should extend the voting deadline.

Sorry @mixrasta I didn’t seen your message, I’m so busy ATM :/. Thank you @yoof for the fix :slight_smile:

My vote for @motone .

@yoof did also an awesome track!

What a Battle, maybe the most succesful one I participated… so much good music:

@Himrod Very nice one, it has a good balance of the instruments. I like the end part of the most. But why is it that short?

@interpolate Another lazy-afternoon-track without getting superficial. I always like the String engine, gives every track an asian kind of feel. Already listened to it a few times, nice!

@LyingDalai I was immediately reminded of the Avalanches listening to your track, I think you did a great job getting your snippets together for a complete song! Great basslines and syntheffects. Would have been great if you gave the loop dreamy funkyslow part that suddenly appears in the first minute more room in the arrangement. Very nice work on an endless journey to the bar at the end of the Galaxy!

@marius On the field of exploring the sounds of the Galaxy…Maybe that’s how the Babelfish hears our brain ticking. Another good one!

@Konst The thinking view by night… and a cigarette! Intense but relaxed athmosphere. One of my favourites and very early entry, cool!

@Yoof. Solid as usual. And I think it’s your best mix so far. Good integrationof the drums into the mix. Many listens by me plus female customer request included ; )

@Motone Genre: Dancehall : D This is funky Jungle! Btw we took the same sample of Eddie but ich in deutsch ; ) und doch heimlich von der alten einundachtziger Fassung, hehe!

@kln Like always very detailed drumprogramming and you want immediately move to it, I’d prefer to have the non percussion instruments a bit louder.

@curdlegurled I like to listen to your minimalistic approach, especially at work. Keeps me calmed down :slight_smile:

…continuing with @OperatorD’s lost in the twighlight zone experiment. This is a nice intermission like on one of my favourite TwoLoneSwordsmen album. Is that Phone?

The destroyer song by @EdZilla is outstanding! Such disaster music for the Vogonian. Maybe the soundtrack of Bombing the intergalactical Hyperroad thru the Space… Very cool!!!

A good break after Ed’s is your song @Servando. A bit melancholic but relaxed view looking at the calm sea and the city waving…

@Eti brings back the Wave for the forms ; ) Very nice one and in the same category like my entry. Maybe the tempo automatically leads one of more use of the Arpeggiator. Very nice music, I like!

The use of a well known melody pattern… but the song really evolves with the the straight drum and the eguitar. Very nice and epic @MCBasje303

My vote for the @LyingDalai for all the hard work ; )

Never tought I’d write so many reviews for everyone…

@OperatorD - Thanks :smiley: I basically overdosed on youtube vids about the OP-1 since I got it. I work from home, and place the op-1 between me and my qwerty so despite just getting an OP-1 its basically been at the center of my universe since then.

Operator D – nice textures

@Konst – Smooth, awesome production

@Servando – nice little mlody

@eti, haha – this a great track!

MCBASJE303 - you drew the same number as me, really cool to hear what you did with it, nice!

KLN – tight song

@yoof energetic, love the drums

@marius dark track, feel like I’m about to be electrocuted.

@HimRod – Damn good song! Nice variety in 2 minutes

@Mixrasta – bass line kicks ass

Lying Dalai – nice changes, awesome theme song part, many parts are really interesting

Interpolate: another string entry – you did some cool things with it!

@curdledgurled – thunderous stuff

Motone – wild, great track

My vote is for @himrod for a great song!

Konst for me.
Very inspiring battle overall, the movie theme was great. Hopefully I’ll have the balls to take part in the next one!

I just registered for voting and hope to participate to the forum and to the next battle.

Great rules, Magical playlist.
i vote for Lying Dalai

Hey welcome @canar_batar !

Welcome and thanks for your vote!

My vote goes to @Konst. Loved the drums, the bassy backdrop, the emotive sound design and melodies - pretty masterful really! Is there really not more to life? I always wondered that!

Special mentions:

• @Edzilla’s tune was very cool! String’s a really characteristic synth - you put it to great effect.

• @motone - was really great to hear a killer DnB track done on the Op-1. We’ll have to swap DnB tips :wink:

@Marius - sounded like some mad modular experiment!

@LyingDalai - wow, what an entry, packed full of treats for the ears, like an action scene from a movie :slight_smile:

@interpolate - loved this! Really captures the fun element of the Op-1.

thanks to those that gave feedback on my submission. sorry for not returning the favor, as i am completely saturated currently.

my vote goes to @himrod

Okay, it’s 16 votes so far, here’s the current ranking:

#1 himrod (4 votes)
#2 Konst + LyingDalai (3 votes)
#4 Edzilla (2 votes)

oops

I’ve just pushed up the limit date to have more votes

Hay what’s yours btw buddy ?

Amazing battle @quartantequatre really knockout.
I’ve just looked at the new date deadline and its 42nd of oct lol :slight_smile:
Wouldn’t mind a bit longer to listen more as I’m not online much at mo. I’ll
Get back tomo hopefully.Cheers.